What motorcycle do you ride and what do you think of it?

Now that’s a looker! some stable mate that is my friend, you lucky so and so!

Yeah, I have a friend who has one of the newer models maybe 3 years old I think, he, somewhat purposely leaves nearly every standing start on just the back wheel, just because he can! It seems too easy!

I admire that. I’m the sad type who washes after each ride

8 Likes

That’s real corker, such nice styling aren’t they?

It’s a beautiful bike from all angles. But (likely why we’re all on this forum) it’s the noise that gets me.

1 Like

Here are my two.

8 Likes

Really very nice, and the exup looks in fantastic condition, especially for its age!

2 Likes

This is a really good book for anyone interested in touring Europe on a motorbike ( or car ) . Simon Weir is also a really good follow on Twitter . I know France and Italy well but its always good to learn more routes and gain tips . I’m hoping to head into France late next week .

3 Likes

Yes, I bet it is, I have his two books on bikers Britain (or something of the sorts) they are very well written.

1 Like

My Triumph Rocket 3R…2500cc of gloriousness

9 Likes

Just bloody georgous, i nearly got one last year, but couldn’t justify it to my wife, she thought we might do something different with the 22k, so I’m stuck with my xj900, not too bad really, I envy you though young man.

2 Likes

Hat’s off to you Barry. These days when I get off the bike I stretch my aged body and head to the sofa!

2 Likes

that is an absolute beast- and I love Triumph bikes

2 Likes

Yep, me too, I’m afraid!

Although my main interest is in pre war bikes I do have a need for a more modern bike. I’ve been unhappy for a while but I now think I’ve cracked it. I did have a succession of Triumph Sprints but a knee problem led me to get a BMW R1200RT. This was fine for a few years but getting older meant less 2 up European touring and more trouble wheeling the thing around. With a full tank and luggage it is very top heavy and there is an uphill push out of my garage.
I first tried a more modern classic (compared to my other bikes) - a 1961 AJS 350cc Model 8 - ok for what it was but boring and let me down a couple of times so I flogged it. Next was a Honda CB250RS - much too light, small and buzzy. That made way for Moto Morini 500 Sei that came up at auction. This was a bit more like it - very nice to ride and it was ok 2 up unlike the last two bikes. I still have this but I am now looking to sell it as I think I’ve found the answer: a BMW F800 GT.
This is brilliant - everything that the 1200RT could offer but much lighter and more maneuverable out of the garage. It has more modern toys than my previous BMW and my wife and I find it just as comfortable. It has sufficient power and the computer tells me it is averaging 70mpg which gives a range of 200+ miles in spite of the small tank. The only down side is that this will depreciate whereas all the other ones I tried sold on at a small profit. I guess you can’t have your cake and eat it but I’ve been spoilt by the appreciation in value of my older bikes.

6 Likes

Very nice, a friend has the BMW and he loves it too. All the bikes you mention sound like a great ‘add’ to any collection too.

So this is my sons current collection! He does like to hoard stuff :grin:

8 Likes

The boy’s got taste!

1 Like

I like to think I had something to do with that :grin:

2 Likes

We’re planning a boys trip to the Ducati & Ferrari factory tours on the bikes - my Multi & his Tiger - B500 Black Forest & the Swiss passes into the Italian lakes then home through France. Looking forward to it.

2 Likes