What other spirit are you sipping?

I started this with a somewhat wide ranging heading as I cannot imagine there is much scope with amaretto - but I thought you might be interested in an amaretto I discovered a couple of years ago:

My wife likes a drop of amaretto and we occasionally got in a bottle of Disarono (not sure if that is correct spelling). Compared to that photo’d above, Disarono tastes like paint stripper, two dimensional etc - this stuff tastes absolutely beautiful.

I should perhaps also add there is potential for gin here - a friend introduced me to blood orange gin the other day. Yum yum :yum:

1 Like

Started rather early after England beat Australia in the third cricket test at Headingley. May not be spirits but I’m in good spirits!

Phil

1 Like

Many years ago we spotted something called ‘sipping tequila’ on the menu in a Mexican restaurant. It was just a little sweeter than your average digestif, but I really enjoyed it. If I hadn’t drunk so much, I might have remembered what it was called, but I’ve never come across any since.

Slow gin … rhubarb or blueberry whisky, and perhaps something with Angustura (?) bitters?

1 Like

Obviously the original pink gin?

1 Like

This was a favourite of Van Gogh.

1 Like

I’ll not take that as a recommendation :grimacing:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.