What records will you admit to owning which others may not?

This was a suggested topic following my own admission earlier this afternoon that I have recently bought a copy of the soundtrack to “Saturday Night Fever”. Posts in response would seem to suggest I may not be the only one to have misgivings about lifting the lid on their record collection. So, if any Forum Members have a record they’d not normally admit to owning, let’s hear about it.

2 Likes

Derek and Clive Live :flushed:

9 Likes

A classic, just need to be a tad careful with the volume on that one, ahem…

1 Like

Slade Alive.

A few others from that era.
David Cassidy.

3 Likes

I would listen to that album (like when my brother and I were kids) but I don’t because I’m such a ……

2 Likes

I’m primarily a jazz or Classical music listener, but my guilty pleasure album is Cheap Trick “In Color”. I’m an amateur drummer and really like Bun E. Carlos as he drives this band. The songs are infectiously fun.

Rambling Syd Rumpo
Roger Whittaker - Greatest Hits
The Seekers Greatest Hits
`

3 Likes

Slade Alive. What’s embarrassing about that, I love it. Before they forget how to spell.

8 Likes

If people are really that embarrassed, I am thinking they will not admit it here.

1 Like

Bought in 1977…with then girlfriend…we were great fans

20 Likes

I’ve got a Noddy EP somewhere. :partying_face:

2 Likes

1 Like

That’s a belter BobF! Somewhere in my loft I have the entire back catalogue of “The Wombles” and most of the soundtracks to the Disney cartoon films such as “Aristocats” and “Jungle Book”. Must dig them out some time, way better than anything on the radio these days!

2 Likes

I inherited a few JC records.

9 Likes

Almost forgot that I still have a copy of the Ivor Biggun ‘Winkers Album’ 12” !

4 Likes

Is it philosophically possible to have a "Best Of Jasper Carrott’?

On an LP?

3 Likes

No embarrassment on this one. A true classic!! I have owned it on LP, cassette and CD!

1 Like

I can’t even say this one out loud, as I must be lip syncing! Some of you might get that joke!

11 Likes

I’ll raise you, I have the picture disc :smile:

1 Like

Hmm.

Something by Pinky and Perky.

A Dollar album.

A compilation of Rolf Harris ‘hits’ I once thought was great fun.

2 Likes