What records will you admit to owning which others may not?

Me too, and a Five Star album, and Tight Fit, dear god!

And people wonder why I have mothballed my turntable.

4 Likes

I admit to buying this when it came out. Must have liked something. Not been played in 25 years.
71BVpFEYDEL.AC_SX355

2 Likes

I remember I once had a copy of Captain Sensible “Happy Talk” that someone bought me as a gift (honestly, I did not buy it myself).

2 Likes

I’ve got a few but I’m not telling you, if any one sees them I always say they’re Mrs Pete’s.

6 Likes

I’ve long believed that a record collection isn’t complete until you have at least a few items you might hesitate to share with the cognoscenti. Here’s a couple of mine:

Roger Whittaker “The Last Farewell” And Other Hits
Barry Manilow The Songs: 1975 - 1990

On the subject of music you like that others might not, I was listening to Let’s Pretend by Al Jarreau the other day. Without looking up from his book, my 11 year old son said “Let’s pretend … that this is a good song.”

2 Likes

Ha ha, the wisdom of children! I think Al Jarreau sang the theme song to the 80’s series “Moonlighting”, I bought his “Greatest Hits” compilation a couple of years back when going through a reminiscing stage, I think the title was a misnomer. The Barry White Collection bought at the same time, superb and it gets played monthly - great Friday night feelgood music IMHO.

Some of Al’s music is very dated - electronic drums, and whatnot - but it brings a smile to my face on the odd occasion when I feel like playing it.

He could be a very funny interviewee. I recall him talking in a low, solemn voice about someone he met after a concert in (I think) Kazakhstan.

AJ: “And do you know what that man said to me?”
Interviewer: “No, do tell!”
AJ: “[babbles in gibberish for a few seconds] - because he didn’t speak any English, and I don’t speak Kazakh!”

1 Like

Good cover of ‘Darling be Home Soon’.

Spoilt only by–

1 Like

Bl—y ace! That is an incredible piece of comedy!!

To give it its full title…Bow Wow Wow – See Jungle! See Jungle! Go Join Your Gang Yeah, City All Over! Go Ape Crazy!

We’ve got a fuzz box and we’re gonna use it. Bostin Steve Austin.

The pinnacle of pop punk subversion.

1 Like

Cilla Black!

From my childhood…including a favourite for a very young BobF …Donald Where’s your troosers. All found recently when clearing my late fathers house. All still playable.

4 Likes

I am not ashamed to say I have albums by the “Carpenters”. I think a lot of people listen to them, but won’t readily admit it.
I also have a “Culture club” greatest hits album.

6 Likes

Saw the ‘Carpenters’ live in Birmingham in 1977 with my student mates! I don’t think I bought the LP.

1 Like

Sam Fox, Touch Me, 12 inch.

Pictures tomorrow for proof

Come in you only really bought it for cover.

1 Like

I have no defence.

8 Likes

God that got played to death when it was released in the 70s. I hated it but often found himself humming it when hearing it on the radio. :grin:

1 Like