What releases are you looking forward to

I find the sound quality also quite better vs previous releases. Or it’s my head :grin:

1 Like

You know it was recorded digitally @frenchrooster? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

1 Like

On your Sony portable….good on you Kev😉

1 Like

LOL!

It was recorded at “Belmont Villa” (Carl’s home studio in East London). Some very good vintage Telefunken, AKG and Sennheiser mics were used. It does sound very good, I have to say…

3 Likes

The sound is clearer and instruments are better separated. The voice is more extended too.
Yes, surprising as it was digitally recorded and previously on analog.

Just a jest……looking forward to the release.

1 Like

Good to see you back around here CC @ChiefChirpa

1 Like

This forthcoming Tone Poet release has just been announced by Blue Note - 3LPs.

I’ll likely be in for this one. Also forthcoming on CD I think.

2 Likes

Lo Moon - I wish you way more than luck. Released in April

3 Likes
4 Likes

5 Likes

New Chris Smither:

1 Like

As a massive Broadcast fan, I’m so excited about this.

Here’s the blurb:

"Since Trish’s untimely passing in 2011, James [Cargill, Broadcast co-founder] has continued to remember her by sharing unreleased Broadcast demos each year on her birthday, September 28th.

"In the spirit of those birthday demos Broadcast present ‘Spell Blanket - Collected Demos 2006-2009’

"The collection comprises songs and sketches drawn from Trish’s extensive archive of 4-track tapes and minidiscs. The recordings lay the groundwork for what would have been Broadcast’s fifth album, offering an intimate window into the creative process of Trish and James during this period post Tender Buttons.

"‘Spell Blanket - Collected Demos 2006-2009’ will be released via Warp Records in early 2024.”

1 Like

Jasmine Myra ‘Rising’ - saxophonist from the Gondwana stable. Unsurprisingly Halsall like spiritual jazz including (not lovely Professor) Alice Roberts on Harp. Due early May - taster on Tidal.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Very talented artist looking forward to this too.

1 Like

This could be interesting Angel Olsen, Lucinda Williams, Rosanne Cash, Rufus Wainwright, and more contribute covers to The Power of the Heart: A Tribute to Lou Reed

7 Likes

New Doobie Brothers album, just completed and due out late Spring. First new album to include Mike McDonald in over 40 years, hope its better than that album back then.

2 Likes

It’s gotta be better than an album they put out a few years ago, Liberte which was horrible

1 Like

The last album Mike McDonald was on was One step closer…….very poor, Liberte was not much better. Hope this one is a classic🤞🏽