What releases are you looking forward to

Should probably be enjoyed with a good cab-merlot

Downloaded this gem - nice to hear Chris Spedding before he got on his motorbike.

3 Likes

Surely his name was originally a typo which he got stuck with, and it was spelt double e not double d?

1 Like

Just remember when you sell out jazz to move to the world of rock n roll you have sell your soul and end up doing this… Although The Wombles to auditioning for the Stones to working with the Pistols in the course of a year doesn’t sound too bad.

3 Likes

Headsoup by Goat due out on August 27th, let’s hope it’s a return to form and way better than their last album 5 years ago which was awful! A single track is available to listen to over on bandcamp at the moment.

Headsoup | Goat

3 Likes

The Rolling Stones
A Bigger Bang: Live On Copacabana Beach 2006

(Release is on July 9th. Here the 2 limited edition with 2 CDs and 2 DVDs.)

8 Likes

Shame the old band are not together, probably the last YES album by any originals.

4 Likes

1 Like

The Killers - Pressure Machine. From the NME…

"The new record from the Las Vegas band will arrive via EMI on August 13 and was created after they found themselves with unexpected downtime as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

They were set to hit the road in support of 2020’s ‘Imploding The Mirage’, but instead used their free time to immediately start work on its follow-up.

“Everything came to this grinding halt,” said frontman Brandon Flowers. “And it was the first time in a long time for me that I was faced with silence. And out of that silence this record began to bloom, full of songs that would have otherwise been too quiet and drowned out by the noise of typical Killers records."

Killers_PressureMachine_Cover_FINAL

2 Likes

40th Anniversary edition with 9 added trax.

Also

Rod the Mod, Kenny Jones and Ron Wood have been recording together so there is a small chance there maybe a new Faces album at some point

11 Likes

Howlin Rain - The Dharma Wheel

2 Likes

Looking forward to that one - cover looks great and preview on Bandcamp sounds amazing.

I saw them live at a small venue in Islington a few years ago and Ethan Miller was on the CD stall.

2 Likes

Would that have been The Garage. I saw them there I think they were the support act. Can’t remember the main act but Howlin Rain were awesome.
I also saw them in a pub in London after that but I can’t remember where!! I could try and look it up I guess. Great band even better live. Magnificent Fiend is one of my favourite albums ever.

1 Like

I’m thinking it must have been the Boston Arms pub in Tufnell Park N19 (I knew it was North London) in 2014.

Magnificent Fiend is such an awesome album one that should be in everyone’s collection an absolute classic.

1 Like

Yep Andy Boston Arms rings a bell. I was there as well.

1 Like

New Pat Metheny It Starts When We Disappear / From the forthcoming release Side-Eye - NYC

2 Likes

18 Likes

Also a Steely Dan live album coming out at the same time Northeast Corridor.

6 Likes

This is really a great new!
I didn’t know it, and I LOVE this album.
Thank you
Maurizio

Great little, cosy venue, PB. with a great history. Saw many gigs there back in the 90s. Think I managed to catch Radiohead long before they hit the big time as well. Not sure what’s like nowadays even though a only live half a mile away.

2 Likes