What releases are you looking forward to

Out 26th April.

It’s Up In Smoke by Ese & The Vooduu People. It will have two different covers, one for the vinyl and one for the CD (more on that later). This is the front of the vinyl LP. It’s a gatefold sleeve and each one will be hand-numbered (up to 500) by me. There’s no writing on the front (but there will be a hype sticker with the band’s name, the album title and an endorsement from Iggy Pop). The gatefold sleeve is printed on 400gsm matt laminate.

The all-analogue recording will be pressed on premium 180g translucent red vinyl. It will come with an insert and a polylined inner sleeve. It will be packaged in a resealable outer bag.

5 Likes

This is what the full gatefold of the LP will look like:

3 Likes

Big Big Train - Grand Tour

Releasing on 17th May and available for (digital) pre-order on bandcamp.

3 Likes

This one is on my download list.
The BWV1016 is among my favorite violin and piano sonatas

6 Likes

The Black Keys - Lo / Hi.

The single, Lo/Hi, is out there for streaming, and if that’s anything to go by, then the album is going to be, as we say, an absolute belter! :+1:

2 Likes

Sarah Davachi - Pale Bloom (rel. 31 May)

Pale Bloom finds Sarah Davachi coming full circle. After abandoning the piano studies of her youth for a series of albums utilizing everything from pipe and reed organs to analog synthesizers, this prolific Los Angeles-based composer returns to her first instrument for a radiant work of quiet minimalism and poetic rumination.

Recorded at Berkeley, California’s famed Fantasy Studios, Pale Bloom is comprised of two delicately-arranged sides. The first – a three-part suite where Davachi’s piano acts as conjurer, beckoning Hammond organ and stirring countertenor into a patiently unfolding congress – recalls Eduard Artemiev’s majestic soundtrack for Andrei Tarkovsky’s Solaris. “Perfumes I-III” employs the harmonically rich music of Bach as a springboard for abstract, solemn pieces that sound as haunted as they are dreamlike.

While the first half of Pale Bloom showcases Davachi’s latent Romanticism, the sidelong “If It Pleased Me To Appear To You Wrapped In This Drapery” reveals the Mills College graduate’s affinity for the work of avant-garde composers La Monte Young and Eliane Radigue. Softly vibrating strings rise and fall like complementary exhalations of breath. As the fluctuating pitches create overtones that pitter and pulse, the piece slowly and subtly evolves – suggesting a well-tempered stillness, yet without stasis.

2 Likes

3 Likes

a2590145204_9

12th April release of this live recording from the Kozfest in Devon on the evening of 29th July 2018. Hopefully this will be more Ozric Tentaclesesque music from their main man Ed Wynne.

Titled Last watch of the Nightinggale

The KICKS track listing is as follows: 1. “Bad Company” (Bad Company, 1974) 2. “My Fathers Gun” (Elton John, 1970) 3. “Lonely People” (America, 1974) 4. “Houston” (Sanford Clark, 1964; made famous by Dean Martin, 1965) 5. “You’re Nobody ‘Til Somebody Loves You” (Russ Morgan, 1944; made famous by Dean Martin, 1960/1964) 6. “Nagasaki” (Ipana Troubadours, 1928; most famous by Benny Goodman Quartet, 1952) 7. “Mack The Knife” (Louis Armstrong, 1956; made famous by Bobby Darin, 1958) 8. “Quicksilver Girl” (Steve Miller Band, 1968) 9. “End Of The World” (Skeeter Davis, 1962) 10. “Cry” (Ruth Casey, 1951; made famous by Johnnie Ray and the Four Lads, 1951) In support of the album, JONES will perform two shows in Japan before a run of U.S. dates.

2 Likes

7th of June

4 Likes

Very much looking forward to this one in mid May…

1 Like

20th of April

3 Likes

The 2nd day on 19th of April

5th of April…

1975 Bob Dylan, Rolling Thunder, coming soon …

2 Likes

The Waterboys - Where the Action Is. Released on 24 May 2019

1 Like

Managed to get on the list of pre ordering signed box set from ACR. Looking forward to giving these a spin.

1 Like

Rolling Thunder box, Bob Dylan, 1975

1 Like

Later this week…

https://static.qobuz.com/images/covers/fb/jc/c80e4cpvhjcfb_600.jpg

5 Likes