What releases are you looking forward to

Christine and the Queens / Redcar - Les Adorables Etoiles. Released 23/9/2022.

2 Likes

Long wait for Heloise’ 3rd LP… can’t wait. Very original artist, love her work. Im 53 and like Christine and The Queens? Dont care, she’s great.

1 Like

Really liked the first record the second not so much so hopefully the third is as good as the first.

1 Like

Jeff Cotton’s first ever album The Fantasy Of Reality

Better known as guitarist Antennae Jimmy Semens from Capt Beefheart’s Magic Band, I’m hoping he’s brought some Magic to this.

CD sometime in August, double LP to follow. Being impatient, I’ve pre-ordered the CD.

GOAT – World Music (10th Anniversary Remaster)
This one is being remastered at the Abbey Road studios and is out on August 26th.
Available to pre-order now on bandcamp and all the usual online websites. World Music (10th Anniversary Remaster) | Goat

4 Likes

A stunning-looking 5-LP vinyl box set on Soul Bank Records, containing the albums Open, Definitely What!, Streetnoise and Befour. Fully-restored artwork, booklet, mastered “under Brian’s guidance” (not sure by whom).

8 Likes

Very much looking forward to this one

6 Likes

Out on 29th July…

Tainted Love EP to follow, out in September.

7 Likes

Hurrah! It’s gonna be released as a standalone vinyl EP and CD!

10 Likes

David Sylvian – Manafon and Blemish – both out on vinyl for the first time on 2nd September.

6 Likes

3 Likes

In November a new solo recording will be released of the famous to early departed pianist of e.s.t.

3 Likes

Blue Train gets a Tone Poet!

3 LP’s:

• One Mono
  • Two with a Stereo one and one with Alternate takes
8 Likes

Looking forward to this. Any info on the price of the two-LP/book set?

This also looks interesting…

Blimey apparently Khruangbin and Vieux Farka Touré have got together to record an album devoted to the music of Big Daddy Ali. Due out late September. That has got to be heard!

Update there is a taster ‘Savanne’ on Tidal. Promising.

6 Likes

DG Classics is reissuing remastered versions of the complete Leonard Bernstein Mahler symphony cycle on 16-LPs, due August 22.

5 Likes

Out tomorrow Up snakes, down ladders from the unreleased Mickey Jupp vaults……one of the best bar band performers and writers who decided to give it up and live in Cumbria…but kept writing over 500 songs.

2 Likes

Walter Trout has a new release on Aug 19th. Probably more of the same, but if that floats your boat why not? :grinning:

My wife is gifting me the Mahler for my birthday. It’s today, but the release isn’t until 8/26. I can wait. I don’t play records that much during the summer anyway.

Also an upcoming new solo album of the piano player of e.s.t. Who passed away years ago….

2 Likes