What releases are you looking forward to

That’s what I went for Kev. Can’t beat a box set !

1 Like

I knooow, I knooow… But £250!

1 Like

Huge fan of Blondie and when I was a kid my parents said they would give me 50p for every O level I passed. I got 10 so had a crisp five pound note to go to record shop near me and I bought Parallel Lines. Still have it, prized album.

9 Likes

Similar, first purchase was Heart of Glass :grinning:

I asked for a rise in pocket money to 80p so I could buy a single each week. Fortunately I had plenty of options where to spend it with an Our Price spread over 2 floors, Smiths had a reasonable selection too and in hindsight best of all Beggars Banquet, although that was initially a little dark and scary for a 10 year old.

3 Likes

Feed back please when you get it.

It’ll probably make no difference to my button fingers but you never know…

2 Likes

It does look a good box set, but having their first five albums on original UK vinyl it’s a total waste for me!

Acoording to this story in Variety, which has a very good track record in these matters. the next Beatles album to get the remix/box treatment is… Revolver!

11 Likes

There is speculation in that Variety piece about deconstructing the stereo mix, and a potential new interpretation. Interesting. My wish list is the mono issue from big mono boxed set (not going to happen), a Giles Martin refreshed stereo version, an outtakes / demo disc or two and of course a snazzy book. A nice print of the Voormann cover would also be welcome.

2 Likes

Revolver is probably my favourite Beatles album (although Rubber Soul sometimes takes that title depending on my mood) so I am almost beside myself with excitement at this news.
I’ve really enjoyed his previous reworkings, so I am relieved to see that Giles has been tasked with Revolver (and hopefully Rubber Soul to follow). IMHO he seems to appreciate and preserve the subtleties in the recordings that communicate just how special the Beatles really were.

6 Likes

I always come back to Rubber Soul as my favourite Swanny. To me it’s the perfect selection of tunes

2 Likes

I seem to remember at the time of the 09/09/09 remaster that there’s some issue with the source tapes for Rubber Soul. I recall that they had to use the 1987 George Martin stereo master instead of the original 1965. I don’t know what that will mean for any subsequent Giles Martin efforts.

1 Like

Reading the ‘Variety’ article (link posted by @TheKevster above), it seems that Giles is enjoying investigating the use of new recording/mastering technologies to get the final result he wants. I think his judgement has been pretty good on his previous Beatles projects so I’ll be keeping my fingers crossed for Rubber Soul.
:crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Goat | Oh Death | Releasing October 21st

3 Likes

Revolver release confirmed by Giles Martin on Twitter…

Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 20.01.00

6 Likes

Hi @YetiZone , from what I have read, I believe you are going to get your wish for a mono version in the box set :+1:

2 Likes

Oooh, a mono version would be nice! A potential Atmos mix as well, from his second tweet.

2 Likes

I already have a mono and stereo (2) versions on cd but like all their other “deluxe” releases I’ll be queuing up for this.

I’m hoping I live long to get their first album as it seems to take about 2 years per album.

5 Likes

Gorillaz - Cracker Island, released on: 24 February 2023.

6 Likes

Looking forward to this, especially the 4 LP + 1 EP boxed set…

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to that. :+1:

1 Like