What releases are you looking forward to

Excellent - vinyl box set please… Oh, and two CD version as well!

Apparent running order from Ringo’s box set flash…

CD1 – New Stereo Mix
Taxman
Eleanor Rigby
I’m Only Sleeping
Love You To
Here There and Everywhere
Yellow Submarine
She Said She Said
Good Day Sunshine
And Your Bird Can Sing
For No One
Doctor Robert
I Want To Tell You
Got To Get You Into My Life
Tomorrow Never Knows

CD2 – Alternate Takes
Tomorrow Never Knows
Tomorrow Never Knows
Love You To
Love You To
Love You To
Paperback Writer
Rain
Rain
Doctor Robert
And Your Bird Can Sing
And Your Bird Can Sing

CD3 – Alternate Takes
And Your Bird Can Sing
Taxman
I’m Only Sleeping
I’m Only Sleeping
I’m Only Sleeping
I’m Only Sleeping
Eleanor Rigby
Eleanor Rigby
For No One
Yellow Submarine
Yellow Submarine
Yellow Submarine
Yellow Submarine
I Want To Tell You
She Said She Said

CD4 – Mono mix
Taxman
Eleanor Rigby
I’m Only Sleeping
Love You To
Yellow Submarine
She Said She Said
Good Day Sunshine
And Your Bird Can Sing
For No One
Doctor Robert
I Want To Tell You
Tomorrow Never Knows

CD5 – Revolver EP
Paperback Writer (Stereo)
Rain (Stereo)
Paperback Writer (Mono)
Rain (Mono)

7 Likes

Beatles. Revolver.
I was so annoyed that they didn’t include the rooftop performance on last year’s release of Let it be super deluxe box set which then subsequently came out as separate release, I said I wouldn’t buy any more.
I’m in front of queue for this one though.

5 Likes

Graham, the Rooftop performance was apparently going to originally feature in the LIB boxset, but was dropped as part of a rejig. I think that then making the Rooftop gig available on the streaming platforms is part of a new strategy. This is why I think there is no Blu-ray disc in the new Revolver set and a 5.1 and Atmos version will be available to stream. Or maybe not, and I am talking bollox :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t think you are @AlanP – Universal’s growth strategy is entirely focussed around streaming, they aren’t really interested in physical formats. Maybe Chad K could step in and issue a hi-res disc of Revolver and maybe do the rooftop concert on vinyl?

1 Like

Oh, Thanks for that Kev. Like some people, I am not too bothered that these Beatles sets seem to follow a random pattern regarding format and content. But it will be a shame that I will not get to spin Revolver on the Oppo. C’est la vie.

1 Like

And there was me thinking it was all about squeezing every penny out of the fans.
The other thing while I’m on my high horse regarding LIB box set was bonus discs were all ridiculously short.
Look at other artists and they try to use full 80 minutes out of cd format.
EG Allman brothers. Brothers and sisters release.
And btw you never talk bo**ocks :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Ah :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Full track details here. The use of remix tech sounds interesting… but the prices are just stooopid.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/the-beatles-revolver-box-sets-official-details-and-pre-order-links/

3 Likes

£195 for the vinyl box set. Jeez!

2 Likes

Thanks Kev, just pre ordered and praying for the usual limited time price drop prior to release :+1:

2 Likes

A very interesting article from Rolling Stone. Bugger, I might have to pull the rigger now…

5 Likes

Golly…in for the CD set here.
I’ll get the standalone single vinyl just for the heck of it.

2 Likes

Good article - thanks.

1 Like

do we know how many they are producing?

Where can you pre order Revolver, down here in the colonies we often get overlooked and miss out.

Fraid not @carruthersesq - I can try to find out. But at those prices, they may not sell too many :rofl:

2 Likes

Blimey Charlie, I’ve just got home to all of the email bulletins pricing the Revolver boxed set. Wowser, that is a bit spendy for the 4 x vinyl set it must be said. Best price so far seems to be Rough Trade at £165. Just looked at my Let It Be vinyl boxed set, bought on the day of release from the local HMV and that was (!only!) £129.99. The Revolver pricing is a little bit enthusiastic for the biggie vinyl set.

You’re probably right Kev. :rofl: :rofl:

Foy Vance | Signs of Life: Live From The Highlands | September 8th

“The live sessions were filmed by Vance’s artistic collaborator Babysweet and recorded in scenic locations in Highland Perthshire, where the Bangor-born Northern Irishman lives with his family.
Vance also collaborated with Rag’n’Bone Man on the single “Sapling”, a powerful new version of the opening track on Signs Of Life. Watch a soulful live performance of “Sapling” by Foy and Rag’n’Bone Man filmed at Vance’s Pilgrim Studio in Aberfeldy in Highland Perthshire.” - Broadway Wold Music

5 Likes