What releases are you looking forward to

Sounds of the Universe advised a bunch of Strata East/Pure Pleasure incoming. Could get expensive!

izipho-zam-my-gifts-pharoah-sanders

3 Likes

One more - already released sounds right up my street but has a choir so not sure. Can’t Tidalise. Has anyone heard this?

2 Likes

Long time Rush fan, but I think they’re milking it a bit by now. I’ll be passing on this one.

From Bandcamp…

Reminiscent and symbolic of a time past, Micah Shemaiah’s Jamaica Jamaica album alludes to issues faced in the Jamaican society and doesn’t miss out on suggesting ways that the people can fix the issues. A musical journey into the roots of the Sound System culture. After the success of Still and the now classic Roots-I-Vision album, Micah Shemaiah teams up again with Evidence Music to deliver his 5th studio album Jamaica Jamaica .

Infused with a pinch of dancehall melodies, Jamaica Jamaica is one for the charts with conscious lyrics, soothing vocals, mellow vibes and sheer talent. A perfect symbol of the Reggae Revival movement.

The album pays tribute to the Sound System culture with heavy bass line and Rub-A-Dub feel. Micah never disappoints as he keeps his long time promise of staying true to his roots, authentic to the Jamaican experience and spreading love through feel-good, thought-provoking music. Being introduced to the magic of music at a tender age, Micah took form and moulded himself with the influence of the rastafarian community.

The album features 15 tracks that showcase the versatility of Micah Shemiah and is significant to displaying the range and reach of Reggae as he is known to do.

A moment of contemplation, Micah Shemiah took care to share Jamaica Jamaica with his fans, spreading conscious vibrations. An ode to the militant Roots reggae movement with a modern flavor.

:heart:

Released this weekend hopefully mine will be arriving soon after that the AcoustIc Sounds reissue of Alice Coltrane’s - Journey In Satchidananda of course featuring Pharoah Sanders.

Hypnotic, devotional and spiritual music that will hopefully get the excellent Acoustic Sounds treatment.

6 Likes

Stanley Turrentine - Mr Natural on Blue Note/Tone Poet featuring one of my all time favourite Jazzmen Lee Morgan.

Should arrive in the next few days.

1 Like

Coming in June, interested what Pat is up to this time…

7 Likes

Shakti - This Moment

Due for release on both CD and LP on 30 June.

The lineup for this is John McLaughlin (guitar, guitar synth), Zakir Hussain (tabla), Shankar Mahadevan (vocal), Ganesh Rajagopalan (violin) and Selvaganesh Vinayakram (percussion).

3 Likes

Greta Van Fleet | Starcatcher
July 21st

3 Likes

Along with 50th anniversary tour.

The French shows have been cancelled. The Hammersmith shows are still going ahead currently.

1 Like

A new book about the Faces concerts called Tell Everyone….a Peoples story by Richard Houghton out in June or-end of May if preordered.

1 Like

June…ish.

Looking forward to this.

1 Like

Another Rush fan here. I love the new Hugh Syme artwork and really want the box set but just can’t justify north of £200 for one album and four singles.

1 Like

This one for me. Out on Friday :smiley:

1 Like

Absolutely.
It’s the first of the Anniversary editions I’ve shied away from. I’ve never considered any Rush release to be a step to far till now. I did decide originally to buy it anyway but changed my mind at literally the last second. £100’ish may have been doable, but the asking price is too rich for me. Hopefully they’ll release the remaster single album at a later date…:crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

The single album is being released same day but only in picture disc format. The last picture disc album I bought was Abbey Road in the early 80’s along with a picture disc Sgt Peppers. Both were of appalling quality sound wise which put me off ever since. I will however be taking a punt on this single album release in the hope that things have improved over the last 40 years.

I have the Hemispheres 40th Anniversary Edition picture disc and actually played it a couple of weeks ago for the first time. SQ was surprisingly good to be fair🙂

1 Like

Thanks for that. That’s really good to know. I’ll be looking forward to it much more now that I know that.

1 Like

I am a little reluctant about the Rush re-issues as the sound quality on the first High Res reissues was notoriously poor - I recall reading that the band regretted letting the record company oversee this. The suggestion was that they had just taken the CD files and re-sampled them to HR. Certainly the albums I bought at release sound much better, even from our modest Rega 3. While I agree the Hugh Syme art is brilliant, I’d want reassurance about the files the new releases are taken from.

I also recall Geddy Lee saying that the band didn’t have recordings ‘in the bank’ as most things were used or incorporated into other songs - the ‘Sir Gwain’ concept piece being a good example and ‘The Garden’ being worked on over three or four album cycles until they were happy with it. This leads me not to expect any additional tracks and they are not exactly short of official live albums!

1 Like