What’s are your favourite golf courses anywhere in the world

Thought I would give this a shot as there must be a few golfers on this site….

Tecina Golf Course. La Gomera.

images (2)

1 Like

My home course, Padeswood & Buckley, is a real gem. I reckon if transplanted in some golfing real estate in Portugal you’d be looking at £200 a round.
Of the courses I’ve played on my travels I enjoyed The Old Course in Vilamoura and Fota Island in Cork. The Old Course at Nefyn is also a good test. Also, Royal St. David’s in Harlech is a proper course.

1 Like

One of my all time favourites is Royal West Norfolk at Brancaster….so much fun…love the place and full of tradition.
Problem is that you can only play two balls or foursomes. No 3 or 4 balls allowed…

The West links at North Berwick in Scotland. I was a member back in the 1970’s.

2 Likes

Yes loved that course as well….had to watch you did not slice it down the 18 th if I remember correctly.

Really enjoyed the 2nd hole drive over the beach….

Yes indeed. I remember one person putting a ball through the dining room window of the Point Garry Hotel with a slice at the 18th. A bit like the 18th at St Andrews, but with an elevated tee.

1 Like

I have been lucky to play Brancaster a few times and agree with you it is a very special place. I love links golf, and introduced my wife to it a couple of weeks ago at Littlestone in Kent. We played the warren course, but I was jealously eyeing the grown up proper links that sits alongside. Deal is a lovely set up too. Surrey / Berkshire heathland courses I would add to the “great courses I have played” include St George’s Hill, sunningdale, New Zealand, Hankley Common and Swinley Forest. I better stop there.

2 Likes

Yes…I have a mate who is a member at littlesteone and keep threatening to go down there and do a Kent coast tour of Rye,littlestone, deal etc.
when I lived in Kent I played Princes many times and St Georges a few rimes….loved them both,

2 Likes

There was one near me that has recently closed and is now being rewilded and changing into a nature reserve.

The Island Club Dublin. Boy those fairways are tight and when the weather is up!

2 Likes

Last time I played there it was a blazer and tie to walk in for morning coffee before tee off and the cliche of some old Colonel type coming over and saying “I say who are you off with today”.

Then blazer and tie back on for lunch - what a palaver but a lovely course.

Littlestone is just down the road from me but I have to say with some shame I’ve never played it.

2 Likes

Sultan or Montgomery in Belen Turkey, quality conditions also National in same area.
Pete

Played a couple if times on the Sawgrass course, and managed to par the famous island hole both times.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.