What’s coming at Munich?

I’m in!

Let’s face it, with all the component supply constraints and existing long back orders, Naim would be bonkers to launch a product that would create additional high demand. That would simply exacerbate the long delivery times and disappoint more customers.

3 Likes

Frankly I think we should all just cheer a little that the Munich High End show has finally returned.

Those expecting some big exciting new range of products might ask whether right now is the right time to launch such a thing with component supplies still being a major issue. Naim can’t just get away with building a small handful of examples - they would need to have many hundreds ready to go just for dealers to demo, so you really do have to have all your ducks in a row before launching any such thing. And that’s likely not very easy at the moment.

So let’s just allow Focal and Naim the opportunity to celebrate their 10 years together with you and all their customers, dealers and distributors. 10 years which, let’s not forget, has seen both companies businesses grow considerably in strength and with some fantastic products released as a consequence.

10 Likes

Rega released a new Elicit Mk 5 with phono stage and on board dac last month. For £2,000 it will sell like hot cakes. They are in the shops. It clearly can be done.

6 Likes

I’d like to agree but when you have so many products that could do with an upgrade this I’m afraid shows a company that’s either run out of ideas or money or both.

4 Likes

Presumably Naim looking to compete with those GroundAray insertable plugs?

Not if the required components are in short supply/have long delivery.

Naim do not choose to disappoint customers with long deliveries on existing products, and it is not good for their turnover and cashflow. No doubt the kind of new products people have been talking about, like the replacement 272, would contain many of the same components that are in short supply.

So if it could be done it would be done.

2 Likes

Well, if that really is it I now need to decide whether to keep waiting for my 250 (5 months and counting) and order passive ATC40s or just order actives and be done with it. Nice problem to have I guess :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ironically, I received an email from my ex-Naim dealer today announcing a Linn event next month where they are demonstrating their new products. Clearly others are managing.

2 Likes

“More peas dear?”

1 Like

There’s so much I could say here, but can’t. You’ll just have to wait and see…

4 Likes

I don’t know how these things work, but the What HiFi main page, and show specific page, aren’t showing any new news, for any manufacturer, perhaps embargoes are lined up and there’ll be a bunch of news all coming at once?

Anyway, I’m not going to knock Naim about this. They clearly know what they are doing. Let’s face it, they already make some fantastic products. I’m listening to music using my NDX2 and Supernait 3 as I write, and it’s simply delightful. If you want better there are the separate pre and power amps, and better streamers too. If you want something more compact, there is the Uniti range. All bases are pretty much covered. We are very fortunate to be able to own and enjoy such things.

8 Likes

An e-mail from Naim Marketing has just arrived with the new ‘High-end Grey Finish’ products.

Is it just me or does it actually look almost as the regular black finish on the marketing photos?

Uniti Star plus Aria K2 926 in “ash grey”, but only if bought together apparently

Hmm…you wrote earlier about not sowing confusion…!

Cripes I hope there is more to announce yet

Yep - and as @conlegno suggests, the colour in the pics looks like a washed-out/over-lit black finish.

This doesn’t scan for me (i.e. matched products) as, I suspect. many people will want to position the head unit (Star) away from the speakers.

I hope you’re not implying a quality control issue!

1 Like