What’s the first track you play?

Tall Trees In Georgia, Anniversary Song…

1 Like

I love both the Beck and the Maxwell albums and I’ve certainly used them as test music in the past.

My go to of more recent times is something by Pet Shop Boys: usually Being Boring or Axis.

Much as I love most of their entire catalogue they aren’t by any stretch “audiophile” recordings. Which is a good thing, for me.

Sea Change sounds stunning on my car’s CD player, so I prefer something that’s more comparatively challenging.

Ever so slightly envious of your upcoming arrival. Enjoy!!!

1 Like

Agree! Angel Eyes 12 inch sounds great :grinning:

1 Like

Ron Carter, Foursight Quartet Stockholm (live) - My Funny Valentine….

In & Out records……

…it’s the best recorded album I have ever heard….

Something from left field.

Just looked back at the audition USB we used for our 250DR demo last year and thought “which of these tracks would I use to instantly discount a component change…”.

PJ Harvey - Kamikaze

A tune I absolutely love, and which sounds better the more you throw at it with better separation of strands and pin sharp drumming. Only 2 minutes long but I’d be walking out if I wasn’t impressed.

1 Like

What’s the first thing I play? Whatever I think of when I turn the system on. One day it could be Pink Floyd, another Beethoven, another the Beatles, another Puccini, another Deep Purple, etc. Then almost always what follows is what suggests itself during play of the first album (N.B. 95+% of the time it is full albums not individual tracks. My choice at the start is usually simply one of mood at the time - it simply suggests itself, though occasionally I will have decided in advance that I fancy an X session, where X may be a particular style, or a particular artist.

Track 1 - Lord Grenville - Year of the Cat - Al Stewart (MOFI)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.