What’s the story behind your Avatar?

With such a huge variety of little round images, from just the stock letter to elaborate, purposeful expressions, how and why did you select what you did?

Mine was a random, spur of the moment decision, while listening to that album, which should be an easy guess.

2 Likes

No story. Just a selfy.

19 Likes

I retired feeling some what burnt out……the new me, chilled.

4 Likes

Cover from a single by Sync24. Found it extremely cool.

2 Likes

Mrs QS & I inside the Arena Verona just before the start of Aida, during our Italy adventure last June.
It’s a picture we both liked very much for what it represents to us as we celebrated 35 years of Marriage.
That became 36 years today😊

21 Likes

Its the new ‘family’ dog - who belongs to my ex-wife…!

Dogs are more poplar than HiFi…!!

3 Likes

One the most talented women in the music business and probably my favourite album of all time.

Lucky to have seen her play live twice in London once at Ronnie Scott’s the other time at the Town and Country Club ".

A legend.

4 Likes

When I joined the Forum a couple of months ago, having been absent for a while, I tweaked my username and wanted a new avatar. I have a lovely little Murano glass bowl that I bought in Italy many years ago, so decided to use that. It normally sits on a table, where it looks predominantly orange and black, but when I held it up to the light, I was amazed to find that the black was blue and that the light came through. I must have owned it for 30 years, and it was a very pleasant surprise.

15 Likes

Congrats

2 Likes

The two of you look so happy that I don’t think it’s actually a big achievement - it was just easy innit?!

2 Likes

It’s a photo of me in my ‘glory days’, at least 15 years ago, on stage during one of the final performances of my then bar band, The Grateful Dads. All that dark hair!

3 Likes

Lyra, my cat!

14 Likes

My avatar shows Sweelinck. One of the great composers of all time. Dutch like me too. Oh one of my essays back in the days was that he actually wasn’t Dutch since the Netherlands as we know it did not exist when he lived. It was just a rebel state in north west Europe and Sweelincks family came from the Rheinland (now Germany) which wasn’t a nation as such either.

3 Likes

Happy Anniversary! Coming up on our 38th in June…

1 Like

Laziness

2 Likes

St Catherine’s Oratory, a medieval lighthouse (first lit in 1328) located on St Catherine’s Downs on the Isle of Wight. I was born and raised there and it’s also where I proposed to my wife!

6 Likes

It is one of the many dragonflies I have photographed. I have little knowledge of dragonflies. I just enjoy photographing them and other insects and tend to use a picture of them as my avatar in many places.

2 Likes

Just a picture of me representing what I do

1 Like

Me and Mrs BobF wearing gas masks standing by the helicopter when we visited White Island during a trip to New Zealand January 2019. In December 2019 the volcano erupted with tragic consequences. Only then did we realise how dangerous it was to visit. We had stood right next to the crater watching in awe at the bubbling and steaming and very toxic acid pool. At the time it was just a thrilling experience.

5 Likes

It’s a photo of me taken in 2004 on the Great Wall of China just outside Beijing. Age and expanding girth have changed my appearance so much since then that I doubt anybody would recognize me from it.

1 Like