What’s your favourite (The) Beatles album ever?

Because everybody loves a poll.
I’ve only included main UK full album releases excluding compilations.

• Please Please Me - March 22, 1963
  • With the Beatles - November 22, 1963
  • A Hard Day’s Night - July 10, 1964
  • Beatles for Sale - December 4, 1964
  • Help! - August 6, 1965
  • Rubber Soul - December 3, 1965
  • Revolver - August 5, 1966
  • Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band - May 26, 1967
  • The Beatles (white album - November 22, 1968
  • Yellow Submarine - January 13, 1969
  • Abbey Road - September 26, 1969
  • Let It Be - May 8, 1970

0 voters

3 Likes

Can you get a second choice. :grin:

Now…if only this was Genesis poll!

Invisible touch? :joy::sweat_smile::+1:

Yes - please not another thread like the Genesis one. So, please can someone change the title to ‘Favourite’? - there’s no such thing as the ‘best’ when it comes to music. It’s possible to argue that some music might be better providing you can agree some criteria (unlikely in this case), but beyond that it’s subjective.

There you go, Clive!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

What a pedant I am!

This was a difficult one as there are several that I think of as their best output - and favourite depends on mood. To me they improved with time, particularly from Help! onwards, and Sgt Pepper onwards get the most frequent plays. I picked Abbey Road maybe partly because it was the first album I heard on my first hifi system, playing even before I had built the speakers, using the drivers in makeshift cabinet of cushions on an armchair! The first time I heard decent bass, the sound as it came in a few bars into Here comes the sun unforgettable 51 tears later!

2 Likes

I’m saying nothing!:sunglasses:

Difficult choice as all the albums have weak tracks on them so none are absolute winners imo.
I plumped for Sgt Pepper in the end.

1 Like

I’m much like you IB, not so much a favourite, just gets played more.
The early Beatles are real toe tapping best pop ever, but when the ‘pop’ Beatles morphed into something better that came with Sgt Pepper, then I paid more attention.
After Sgt Pepper all the albums became a better listen - & I mean listen vs dance - the better listen was because of music content - composition & orchestration - plus the advances in recording equipment combined with the fertile minds of the boys & genius of George Martin.

2 Likes

That’s so true, I find Hard Days Night the best album to put on when I’m doing housework (usually just before Mrs Pete get back from being away). However I voted for Abbey Road cause I think it’s the best listen. I could have easily voted St Pepper or the White Album imo all great albums.

2 Likes

I tend to go with Rubber Soul
I like the initial phase, more naïf

2 Likes

I’d like to have voted for Abbey Road Side Two. Even better if I could have moved “Something” from Side One to replace “Her Majesty”.

Roger

That’s also easy, Foxtrot.

I was being facetious… I dislike genesis as much as I do the “Fab” four.

Surely the group in question is/are called “The Beatles” not Beatles.

Also, Pepper mono is my favourite The Beatles album, but Pepper stereo isn’t. :thinking:

1 Like

I get it, I feel the same way about Bob Dylan.

Tough crowd! There you go and don’t call me Shirley!:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Beatles albums were not as good as they could have been, as in those days, they generally did not put the singles on them.