What’s your favourite (The) Beatles album ever?

Magical Mystery Tour.

4 Likes

Chose Sgt Pepper, simply because I think this was their most creative album. Abbey Road is certainly their most polished album

Between the two, who’s to say which was the best musically ?

1 Like

MMT was released as an EP in the UK and the LP contained tracks already released as singles. I had to draw a line somewhere.

Double EP IIRC

1 Like

Two EPs don’t make an album!:sunglasses:

1 Like

And I didn’t suggest they do!

MMT had some interesting songs, esp Fool on the hill, but indeed wasn’t one of the original ‘straight’ studio albums.

1 Like

I think the white album is superb and somewhat underrated…

3 Likes

I voted Sgt. Pepper, though the heart is also twanging for Rubber Soul. However, if it was a “most played” poll, for me it’d be side two of Yellow Submarine - I adore George Martin’s orchestral pieces.

My fantasy Beatles album would be a proper studio album recorded between Sgt. Pepper and the White Album, so the best of side one of Yellow Submarine and MMT, plus whatever else was cooking in George’s brain that the others rejected!

1 Like

Alan Partridge’s favourite Beatles album.

1 Like

Funny no votes for Help, shame. It’s almost like choosing your favourite child.

2 Likes

Genesis? Selling England B T P

Love the white album but Revolution 9 stops it getting my vote. In the end it could have gone to Abbey Road, Sgt Pepper or Rubber Soul.
Picked Rubber Soul as I’ve played it a lot lately.

Have to agree…Rubber Soul is a terrific album…

1 Like

Certainly not when it comes to Dire Sraits, Sting, Van bloody Morrison, Genesis or Melody Gardot. All their albums are equally schiit…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.