What upgrade will Santa bring you for Christmas?

I think by Christmas I’ll have a new AC block and power cords from Ansuz to play with.

Let me know when you do. I might buy the PLs you trade-in from Tyler. LOL

1 Like

LOSE YOURSELF IN THE SOUND-VERTERE D-Fi, an IC to challenge the Lavender, sent by the Italian Santa, our friend Max, who instead of selling his cherished DIN/DIN cable chose kindly to gift it to me.

4 Likes

Apparantly a nac282 a nap250dr and a side order of nac 82 to go with that😊

Got an EtherREGEN for birthday last month, and I pick up my Vandersteen Model 3 Subwoofers on Monday next week.

Not sure about in time for Xmas but I need a cartridge replacement for my poorly DV XX2.

Back on Tidal for the next 5 months with a great offer :+1:

2 Likes

@popeye enjoy I have on my HCDR, Eros is also very good the Electria is for source products

PowerLine for my Nova. I bought, sorry, Santa got me a used one, so I am “testing” it at the moment. I can hear some good improvements, but also areas I’m not so happy with, or not used to yet. Will see how it goes, I’m assuming it needs to settle, or burn in or whatever, to sound it’s best.

2 Likes

I have had this upgrade be it in stages. You will really like what you get back. How much better can it be? Always more. You will buy quite a few mor CDs I bet. Enjoy.

1 Like

Chord Signature XL speaker cables, ETA 16th December though I’ll only have time to listen during the weekend.

I have been using the Chord Epic for more than a year before it was recently traded in for the Signature XL. I have been using the NACA5 for almost 3 weeks now whilst waiting for the Sig XL to arrive and a reduced refinement and detail across the frequency spectrum was experienced. Apart from the reduced micro-detail, the overall sound is darker and slightly smudged or smeared at the edges, coupled by reduced bass punch and sounding slightly less airy and 3-dimensional.

Looking forward to trying the Signature XL in the system.

Chord Signature XL speaker cables, new and just installed.

2 Likes

Changed from Chord to Mark Grant shotgun 6mm2 cables. Similar design as Naca5 but these can fold… Made wonders to my system! Recommended upgrade for little money.

Be careful to ensure it’s fully plugged in which is hard to assess due to the decoupled IEC socket at the back of the Nova - I thought it gave a tremendous improvement over the Powerline Lite using the Nova now as a source into a different amp.

2 Likes

Hi I’m an old new guy , im disabled guy 62 years old from Sunny Wales lol ,I’ve never had any Naim gear until now .I fell in love with hifi atthe age of 16 in cardiff , an old quad system Quad esl 57s WOW love at first sight ( or i listen i should say )
Santas just ordered me a used naim Uniti2 should be hear by 24th December if his slay doesn’t break down . I’ve downside after a house move , to now to a Marantz CDM6000 Ki Signature cd player , Darkvoice 336se headphone amplifier , and a pair of Sennheiser HD650 Headphones , and now Naim Unity2

11 Likes

Welcome Sal4070 - hope it arrives on time.

Thanks , ps I love cats

1 Like

you’ve come this far… get the Radikal. (I agree on the non-machined case, though.)

1 Like

A 555PS DR for my 272, a 300DR to retire my 250DR and Contours 60 to replace my current Excite Dynaudios. An 65" OLED as well. And a Triumph Scrambler 1200 XE to forget my CRF Africa Twin. And a much nicer, much younger wife who loves to cook and explore sexual possibilities, ideally just with me.

:grin:

In all honesty though, I have all I need and then some. I don’t thank enough for the things I’ve been given.

3 Likes

You make me wonder why we’re all so hooked on hi-fi :slight_smile:

4 Likes