What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Is it Roon Ready? :thinking:

They do make decent DACā€™s Iā€™ve still got one of the original iDSD Micro, had the Nano before that.
Used it as a headphone amp to great effect too.

Yepā€¦been running Roon all afternoon, and the lights change colour ala chord with sample rate and file types

Not sure how hot it would need to be for keeping me to open that box, but it would be seriously hot! :wink:
You sure will have a lot of hot listening sessions with it anyway. :wink:

Okā€¦ it was an easy one.

3 Likes

I finally gave in and set it up. Itā€™s sounding rather good from the off playing Happy Mondays (RIP Paul Ryder) via Roon.

I may be gone a whileā€¦

34 Likes

Found a DAC at a good price and went for it. Still have to wait some months to actually take it into use, as it first needs to travel across Europe :sweat_smile: Iā€™m actually very happy with my ND5 XS2, but apparently spend too much time in this forum. Not considering an NDX2, but got curious when reading about the ND5 XS2 / nDAC combo :face_with_monocle:

18 Likes

Traitor :eyes::thinking::rofl::+1:

3 Likes

Which model is it?

The really cheap onešŸ˜¬

3 Likes

I was thinking about one of those. Keep me posted if you do any comparison tests. Or if you change your mind over a few weeks.

1 Like

Hope you have a nice Christmas and New Year, drop by in ā€˜23 with an update :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Iā€™m thinking of their headphone amp as a replacement for the Naim 2 setup that I returned. They get great reviews and seem fantastic value.

2 Likes

Bought SN3, NDX2, wilson tunetots on Thursday they are coming on tuesday this week.

6 Likes

Just picked up Klipsch Forte IVā€™s to use with my Cayin (Headphone) 8 Watt 300 B SET amp. The Amp accommodates speakers. They sound incredible. What I canā€™t believe is on 8 watts I can play these at extremely loud volumes. The detail and soundstage is great. Bigger is definitely not always better. Go Flea Powerā€¦ā€¦.

30 Likes

4 weeks in. I was expecting more smoothness and detail. Was not expecting this much more speed, dynamics and drive than the 282. Dare I say it makes the 282 sound boring?

2 Likes

Excellent choice! Did you also order the TT isolation platforms or the dedicated stands? I have both and they are a worthwhile upgrade.

Sorry Stephen :flushed:

I was hoping that Naim would deliver something interesting with a streaming preamp replacement this year. All we got was the Tin edition system so I started looking elsewhereā€¦

Hopefully Naim will deliver that 555 level integrated amp :pray:

8 Likes

ImpatientšŸ˜

2 Likes

Lost patience :grinning:

1 Like

Itā€™s a solid choice youā€™ve made there. On the few occasions I had a chance to sit and listen to one as a source I was suitably impressed. I heard it along side a high spec vinyl setup and a 2x PS ND555 and it easily held court amongst itā€™s peers.
In a similar context itā€™s how I ended up getting a Selekt DSM instead of a Nova for my lounge setup. A little like an LP12 I was able to buy it and grow in to and to eventually spec it to support a 5.1 surround capability with HDMI ARC. It has a MM/MC input and options for DAC which are upgradeable. It has an Exakt hub should I have a need for that later as well.
Alas despite liking the Nova and indeed even having an Atom already I went with what met my needs from a brand/product I liked.

4 Likes