What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Bit like I was when I connected the 300.
Good feeling innit?

2 Likes

My money’s on ST saying the NSub is a superfluous pile of poop again once the thrill of the ‘new’ has worn off.

Get a Kudos Titan 505 to see what a real state of the art standmount sounds like, after an amp upgrade first.

1 Like

After one week of running in I powered the 555 down due to three weeks of holiday. Now back on. How long do you guys assume will the burn in period last?
BTW: The now gone loudness effect is a plus in bass extension rather than a loss in SQ.

Bought a 3m Audioquest Vodka Ethernet cable at a real bargain price, to replace my Cinnamon. Hopefully when it arrives it will be a great improvement, if not it will be sold on. I blame @Stephen_Tate for this purchase :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Hmmm… I wonder how the Powerline would be on the NSub?

1 Like

Thanks for some reason I thought the plug and terminals were on the back.

They are all in a recess underneath. The driver is on the back.

2 Likes

Not a new purchase but my dealer visited this week and had a play with the position of my now run in Kudos Titan 707’s which were bought back in February. I thought they sounded good where they were originally positioned and never imagined how good they could sound with a tweak. A few inches obviously does make a big big difference. Lesson learnt !

2 Likes

2 x 5m Kudos KS-1 loudspeaker cable a few weeks ago.

A Chord Clearway streaming cable inserted between EE8 & ND555 yesterday.

G

6 Likes

How are you finding them Graeme ?

Were you using Witch Hat Phantoms? How do they compare?

1 Like

Exceptional. One of the most cost effective upgrades I’ve experienced. They must suit the 300DR Tab 10 Sig combination electrically in some way that just works.

G

5 Likes

Good aren’t they. Sensibly priced too which is rare these days.

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll regret it. Excellent cable, and a marked improvement over the Cinnamon in my system.

1 Like

PowerHAUS M6 and dedicated Signature X power cable from Chord :slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

I’m looking at the possibility of getting one of these on demo. It would be good to get your thoughts on it, once you’ve got it up and running.

I have compared next to the Atlas power block; it gives instruments and vocals a little bit more “space”, wider soundstage, also low section sounds better - deeper bass

1 Like

Gaia Hybrid – 420 VariGauge tonearm cable

4 Likes

Trying a different tonearm, Simplicity 11 off, statement on

22 Likes