What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Worth a try as decent price in a clearance sale last week.

4 Likes

Interesting to hear your thoughts! That’s where I started and got caught in Entreq. Upgraded from there to Konstantin ethernet and today Olympus. I love the airy, free flowing sound they provide.

I will give it a few days and let you know. I’m going in with an open mind and no expectations.

2 Likes

what made you change it?

Is there going to be a " What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023" thread ???

here it is:

https://community.naimaudio.com/t/what-was-the-last-bit-of-gear-you-bought-in-2023/

1 Like

Well as promised, my thoughts… I picked then up and put them on, easy except had to remove the glass base to get the spikes out. They cost near a grand, but even at that price these are one, if not the best upgrade £ for £ I have ever made. Bass is more controlled, everything else seems more settled. I can’t believe the difference they have made. I didn’t believe it when people told me I’d be amazed! I am!

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! Really glad to hear that you also find the Gaias a great upgrade, like many of us here. It’s true they are not inexpensive, but I have certainly found them a great addition at a relatively modest cost considering how much many of us spend on our systems. Enjoy!

1 Like

Great news Neil.
I love mine.
atb

Neil

1 Like

Good results with previous Sonore hardware and another use for the ADOT kit now i have two SFP ports available.

Temporary test setup - a job for the weekend to finish it off.

5 Likes

That’s looks like a nice little project.
Seems it made a noticeable and significant uplift for you. Nice :+1:

Can you describe the audible difference?

KR
R

Additional rack shelf arrived just before Xmas, so now everything is in the rack, the other half is happyish?
Looks better without the power supplies on the floor.

200dr has been removed to try the Bryston in the system for awhile.

Before .

Things at the moment, this should be the end for my rack building for the foreseeable .
I was tempted to move the phono stage onto the shelf with the power supplies but thought that might not be the best move,so for the time being it will have to stay where it is.

6 Likes

My last bits n bobs before 2023 were fitting some X1 regulator boards to my clocked Lumagen

2 Likes

Who buys a CD transport in 2022???..… :grimacing:

14 Likes

This reminds me of why I love my system every time I enter the “cave” :grin:

1 Like

Last bit of gear I bought in 2022 and my favourite HiFi purchase. Ever!

33 Likes

It’s special.

2 Likes

It does look cool though and hope it’s equally as good.

1 Like

Indeed it is, an absolute privilege to behold :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Oooooh yes it looks sexy AF! In the flesh it’s even better looking than the pics are showing. I think that factored into my buying decision more than the performance- which I haven’t even tested as of yet as my pre has gone for repair.

Let’s see- it’s been described as best transport in the world so I’m expecting a lot