What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Yes I agree with you. It maybe that to get the best of the D100 rips, you need to use it with the Melco software and more importantly the Melco server. However it just goes to show, in my opinion, that two products (Melco D100 and Auralic Vega G2.1), which generate very positive owner reviews, are not all things to all men. I respect other owners views, but just because a product is flavour of the month, it may not be for you. Whoever you maybe :grinning:

1 Like

I agree. But personally I don’t need a ripper. I buy only downloads, often by files, on Bandcamp, sometimes QOBUZ. My cds are already ripped, maybe 300. So I will not invest 1k and more to re rip them.

1 Like

Only remotely Hi Fi but bought a MacBook Air.
Improve SQ? Not streaming from it so no.

However, it does run the Naim app (as it has the M1 chip) so I can be listening while on my Mac and control the system. Convenience is underrated!

4 Likes

The inclination angle is given by the geometry of the SS6 Stands. The Isoacoutics Gaia III are floating at the bottom and adjust to the angle. On the photo it looks as if the feet of the Gaias are compressed on one side. This is an optical illusion. They are flat and rest evenly loaded on the ground. Therefore, I do not think that this is a disadvantage.

1 Like

NAC282, Help for my Supernait 3. Such a big improvement in SQ.
Very happy!!

24 Likes

I took a closer look at the construction, and it seems you are absolutely right.:+1:

2 Likes

Ansuz A2 power switch. Was all set to buy a phoenix net but went for this on my dealers recommendation first. I can understand how streamed music can be improved, and it really is, but it baffles me how local music on my Zenith is also improved!

5 Likes

It’s quite like upgrading the dac, not?

2 Likes

It is indeed, like a major component upgrade, very impressive

1 Like

It would want to do something they’re awfully expensive.

1 Like

this is really a fantastic switch I had once butI had to re-sell it again because it didn’t work with my streamer and upnp (roon worked though…)

1 Like

Does the Phoenixnet make an audible difference to your system?

I am surprised, these old ears feel there is a change with my new NAC A5 speaker cables and they like it.

Will the NAC A5 burn in?

6 Likes

oh yes!!! much better- the Ansuz plays more “open” the Phoenix my have more “substance”!

1 Like

Can you use Naim plugs at the amp end?

How long are your A5 cables?

I have the Naim plugs in the SU box, but didn’t feel in the right state of mind to solder the cable ends.

My supplier, a Polish gentleman, has used compressed banana plugs. It looks neat and clean.

The cables are 2 meters long. I know they should be a bit longer, but here I have a visual agreement with the other party.

4 Likes

I also like that it has enough ports that I can sell on my ee8 switch, the phoenix didn’t although that’s also an excellent switch

Swapped the box and missus hasn’t noticed yet….

11 Likes

Just on demo at the moment, but head and shoulders better than my ND555/555PSDR.

7 Likes

Then dcs announced Apex. Looks like a 6-7grand upgrade proposition… da**

1 Like