What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Lolo not a french word. Just a diminutive of the first name, Laurence.

Audeze LCD-3 auditioned a few of these makers 'phones made in the USA (shock,horror) impressed with them they even had a head honcho in attendance unlike Focal who could only run to one of their dealers.
Only received them today so will be doing a ‘bake off’ against my Focal Clear MGs
First impressions: not as dynamic as the Focals but in the same ball park as our American cousins say only supplied with a 1/4 jack cable i read online that they should be teamed with a balanced one

6 Likes

Should add the Audeze are Planer 'phones as opposed to the Dynamic Focal i also tried at the CanJam Audezes CRBN Electrostatic paired with a Stax energiser nice!

Yes the home demo was important as I’ve enjoyed speakers on dealer demo only to be disappointed when trying them at home. Took a while to get a good position for them. Looking forward to getting them, good luck with yours.

1 Like

For my ND555 to replace a Lite.

G

14 Likes

Thanks, I’ve had ATC previously…SCM40’s, amazing for the dosh…

2 Likes

Hope you like em. I love mine :heart:
Different 'phones present differently but I always seem to come back to these.

Spent the evening getting to know the Audeze’s first impressions very good
played a few favourite tracks including the Dan’s Gaucho and heard things id not heard before not big stuff just more detail and placement of guitars and voices
Like the build quality especially the way the cable locks into the phone the Focals are more dynamic well they should be at their price and play louder at the same volume but none the worse for that and what a pleasant change to buy something NOT made in China!

1 Like

I seem to recall that a Powerline was supplied with the CD555PSDR. Is this now no longer the case? If not, this would imply a further £600 hidden price increase.

Yes it should.

@GraemeH I bought a new PS555DR in June (Germany) and a Powerline was included.

1 Like

My 555PSDR was bought s/h to use with my (then) NDX2. It was a good buy because it just came with P/L Lite as the owner had moved the Powerline to his poweramp.

G

1 Like

Lolo est l’argot pour le sein :rofl:

Correct! :wink:

And often used by children to name the milk they’re drinking.

1 Like

Ah yes, i forgot that one :+1:. But it’s more “les lolos”.

Got this used, still expensive but I think it sets off the Qutest well… the Qutest stand

14 Likes

Do you connect your Zen directly to the Qutest via Digital coax/optical?

Usb as it’s isolated and has the highest bandwitdh and also Roon sees it on the network as an output device

Gotcha, just curious, nice DAC the Qutest, I’ve got a Hugo 2 I use for headphone listening.
Looks good on the new stand as well.

1 Like

I remember the hard way when I was told to ask for Madame Lolo at Point P when collecting some pipes for the fosse! :joy:

1 Like