What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

Hi Jan - thanks for the reply. That’s interesting to know that your DSM is working well straight into the 135s. Nice setup and I think you’ll enjoy the Organik upgrade👍

I recently my moved my ProAc D30RS speakers from a room with hard wood floors to a room with a thin carpet. The speakers are difficult to move on the carpet so I ordered 8 Herbie’s Cone/Spike Decoupling Gliders. They come with a 60 day trial and full refund if they do not meet the customer satisfaction.

So an update will take place in the upcoming days/weeks after they arrive.

7 Likes

14 Likes

New Melco server and switch. My utility room cupboard looks a bit tidier too.

18 Likes

Update. Very well put together by mcru. Noticeable improvement in sq, which is a little surprising given i am using it for the ND5XS2, and only as a streamer, separate DAC.

A pre loved 555PS DR for my NDS.
Wow what an improvement over my XPS DR.

13 Likes

Well tim if you are looking at going S1, then i would certainly wait for a secondhand one to come to market as looking at the huge price loss these face even at just 2 years old, that even if you got a fantastic new price deal, you would still be looking at a huge financial loss, if and when you sell it.
I am sure Pete has a few other options to try as well

1 Like

I haven’t seen any used S1 pre come up used at all - not that I have been looking particularly hard for them. Have seen a couple of full statement, which I don’t really want

In any event I have to balance the extremely good service I get (and have always got) from naughty Pete against a possible saving by trying to find a used one - trade ins, set up etc and he only lives 20 minutes down the road. Versus buying from someone who is likely a couple of hundred miles away, who I don’t know, who won’t offer the same p/x flexibility that Pete does etc etc

1 Like

With the recent exchanges between @james_n and @jan regarding the KDSM or DSM connecting direct to Naim power amps, may I ask how you’ve got yours set up, please?

I just simply connect the dsm/3 to the 2 klimax solos. My lp12/lejonklou entity 1.1 connects to the analogue input of the dsm/3. Cables are all in linn rca silver, I am not a believer in xlr cables.

3 Likes

I am sure you will get a deal you like……happy birthday, Xmas, fathers day, mothers day😉……for a few years.

5 Likes

Nice!

What is it?

Thanks for the speedy reply. Although I’ve never heard the combination, that is certainly one I’d like to have demonstrated. I’d also like to hear the KDSM direct into the NAP500. The problem is likely to be that the closest Naim/Linn retailer won’t have or be able to get all the elements necessary to assemble the necessary combinations.

2 Likes

His name is John David Hannant and he did work for Townshend Audio when I last dealt with them, in April this year. I found him to be very helpful, if he is still there.

I bought a set of these simply to allow easier movement of my spiked speakers on carpet. Was to be temporary while adjusting speaker placement but I found overall sound quality may be better despite the wobble on carpet.

2 Likes

There has been a few over the last few years and full statements.
Its just that its probably going to cost you north off £30k for that service off un box and plug it in.
But its your money your choice as they say, plus if we are heading full sail into a full blown recession, then maybe a few more might pop up

1 Like

Yes I did eventually get through and spoke to John. They were having problems with their phone lines. He was very helpful and confirmed what you have suggested @NoNaim Expect my order to be shipped over next few days. :grin:

1 Like

Cheers Nigel. It’s a Dan D’Agostino Progression Integrated Amplifier. Bought earlier this year to replace a 282/250/HiCap combination.

3 Likes

Hi opus - I have a non Naim audio friend that has a full loom of Shunyata cables. His success and candid conversions convinced me ro make the move. And the ultimate flexibility of the X EF helps tremendously with cable dressing.

Are you in the US? Here in the US the Naim Power Line doesn’t come equipped with the much higher grade and technologically superior male plug. I believe it uses a Marinco or Wattgate in the states. From what I’m hearing the cable doesn’t quite have the same superior sound, but that’s just what I’m being told I havn’t heard the cable. (Please don’t shoot the messenger) My Naim dealer stated that for the price the AV Options TibiaPlus12 Deep-Cryo was comprable at least for the price difference. Again I havn’t heard the Power Line and went with Shunyata. The price range of the Shunyata Venom X EF is in line with my system and eventually I want an additional one on the nDAC. I want more Shunyata’s for the Teddy Pardo XPS and TeddyCap SE. I’m shooting for the Shunyata Venom V10 NR power cables and one for the Oppo BDP105D.

All Digital signals are sent via the Coaxial Digital Output of the Oppo BDP105D Universal player/Transport. It’s transmitting all CD playback signals and all of media from a 5 terabyte hard drive to the nDAC. I’m using the very good Chord Company Signature Super ARAY Digital Coax Cable RCA to BNC. Does Shunyata have a coax cable that can complete with the Chord Signature or should I consider the Chord Sarum T?
G1

And how does the Progression compare to your previous Naim rig?