What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

That looks very smart.

1 Like

Way too many functions! Bass, Treble? Loudness?? :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

Just did the naughty and looked up the price of this handsome looking beastā€¦Ā£Ā£Ā£ā€™s (Gulp):grimacing:
I hope itā€™s really, REALLY, good for an integratedšŸ˜‰

1 Like

Whoopsā€¦ indeed. Impressive piece of kit. 310W power consumption is impressive too. :hushed:
Always love the look of Luxman. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe now isnā€™t the time to mention that the Japanese market one comes in a rosewood case.

Iā€™ve drooled over this amp before.

5 Likes

Great looking amp, manages to have all those things that Naims amps donā€™t and still sound good.

2 Likes

not exactly hifi but I picked up the new Airpod Pro 2ā€™s today to replace my ageing Gen 1 Airpod pros. Mainly for the increased battery life ahead of an upcoming overseas trip but I have to say the sound quality of the new ones is a significant improvement on the outgoing model. Far more musical and muscular sound than the gen 1ā€™s and more than adequate for on-the-go listening. I was pleasantly surprised.

4 Likes

Damn I didnā€™t need you to say that, I have a gen 1 set that Iā€™m less than impressed with and wouldnā€™t have considered upgrading until your post.

1 Like

If I were to draw up a short list of Naim products I would like to see
1 a 272 replacement
2 a CD transport
3 a super, super , duper Nait - going places that the SN 3 doesnā€™t .

I went to a Nova / Powerline from five boxes and am now very, very happy.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve made exactly the same move away from NAIM in the last 12 months. Donā€™t be sad. Life goes on :smiley: Itā€™s the best thing Iā€™ve ever done, from a musical point of viewā€¦

1 Like

To your list, Iā€™d also add a stand alone (no pre-amp) shoebox DAC as well.

1 Like

I donā€™t think I would get them if music playback was my main purpose. I used my Gen 1 mostly for work, calls and meetings with background listening while working and flying and these are big improvements for that use case. I was happy to make the compromise for functionality over the sonyā€™s and the Sennheiser Iā€™ve had that sounded better and now I donā€™t think there is really a gap sound quality wise so the extra functionality in the apple ecosystem I work in doesnā€™t come at a sound quality cost. Theyā€™re no Audeze Planars though thatā€™s for sure but horses for courses.

Since Iā€™m no longer interested in business calls maybe I should look elsewhere, cheers.

I bought some of these last week, having previously used Bose QC35 for big stuff (long flights/train rides) and Bose soundsport for more ā€œon the goā€ listening. Canā€™t believe the sound quality from the airpods - Iā€™m a convert.

1 Like

Terrible pic :smile: but this is an aftermarket brace for our Rage deck. Since we started with a P1 we didnā€™t have one.

Currently shopping for a new tonearm as that is the only original P1 part left.

I need to get me one of those Rage decks. Suits my mood these days. :rofl:

2 Likes

Well you all know what a Muso Qb 2 looks like.

Cd 5x and flat cap will hopefully have a new home shortly.
All my cds are on a hard drive and those together with BBC Radio and Qobuz keep me happy.
So with the big reduction in Qb price it made a lot of sense.

Now installed in my boudoir and with the silk sheets,animal
furs and gin optic this has become a very welcoming room.

2 Likes

Gin on tap in the Boudoir, very decadent :joy:

i put an rb220 on mine and its much nicer with an optiwhite platter from a p2 - i call it a rp1.5 nowā€¦

Been looking and we can get a rewired RB30x for not a lot of money so that will likely be our first stab.