What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

They do need some time Pete. I’d leave it playing for at least a week before any comparing/swapping.

Thanks, I’ll open a thread about them. They are very cheap, so probably worth a punt.

1 Like

Cheers however I won’t be doing any swapping or comparing. I’m a once there in I’ll just play/listen kind of guy. :grin:

1 Like

You old fox.

1 Like

Unfortunately more old than fox I’m afraid. :scream:

1 Like

If you’re an old fox I’m a dead fox :weary:

1 Like

In your opinion, performances wise, are not your loudspeaker oversized for the Osiris?

I ordered mine towards the end of June, with a free upgrade from Batik to Paloma leather. Since then, the price in the UK for the spec I ordered has gone up to a price point at which I would NOT be considering a purchase.

Is the build date sticker on the back of the box showing a recent date?

I had a Morgana RCA-DIN arrive a couple of weeks ago after a 2-month wait. The build date was three days after it was ordered and, when I queried this (having seen the earlier posts), I was told that it referred to the date when the order was put into the system and not the date of manufacture itself…

1 Like

I bought my last one with the power leg lift… It was the same price as the ottoman. This was before the Pandemic when prices were normal

I had thought about the power chair, but there is a fair price premium that I eventually thought was not vfm

In the US it was the same price as the standard ottoman. I also paid extra for the battery option that was a waste since the battery pack doesn’t hold its charge very long

5 Likes

The Rega Osiris and PMC MB2se are a brilliant match and as i alluded to the Osiris really needs a very high-quality speaker to show its capability.

I wonder why you ask ?

That’s good, cheers.

1 Like

Ciao My friend. Me as well I felt in love from a long time from the Osiris and I keep struggling for buying one.
My doubt is because your pmc are top end speakers, usually presented with top end Bryston or fm acoustic amp and I felt that Osiris is not in that league at list in price point of view….even if I m not convinced that pre and amp from Bryston are better sounding. When I auditioned Bryston it was to me not comparable with 282 300dr, but i never made any comparison with Osiris

Finally pulled the trigger on some used Kudos KS-1 speaker cables. I’ve had them reterminated with Naim Plugs at the speaker end for my Shahinian’s downward facing terminals.

9 Likes

I’ll be interested in how you find the KS-1 with your Shahinians Kevin.

1 Like

Did you get the Naim plugs soldered on the ‘wrong’ way round so that they would be correct when attached to the sockets on the underside of your speakers?