What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

A pre-loved Power-line is a no-brainer really. You can easily move it on for no loss if you don’t find it beneficial.

I’d just complete the set and be done with it :grinning:

5 Likes

I fitted a power line to my non Dr 300. It made a similar difference to every other bit of kit I added them to. Most noticeable difference to me with power lines is it makes vocals easier to follow

1 Like

Superb.

Just looked through your profile, feeling dizzy!

1 Like

WOW! :open_mouth: ME TOO…!

4 Likes

The Music cable is settling in very nicely Dave. This morning, I took the opportunity to strip down both racks and move them a few centimetres further out from the back wall as I felt there wasn’t enough room behind them to have a ‘relaxed’ cable run between streamer and amp. After warming the cables up on a radiator, I was able to shape and dress them with only a small piece of pipe insulation needed to space them out from the wall at the bottom of the run. They hang nice and freely now so I’m a lot happier with the installation.

Back to the Music :sunglasses:

30 Likes

Looks nice and tidy James and does wonders for my OCD :blush: Thank you Peter

3 Likes

You can’t beat a nice tidy rack :grinning:

8 Likes

I’d love to see a Music mains cable in there… :grin:

1 Like

Just ordered an 555DR to power my CDS3, currently using an XPS2DR but told this is in another league. CDS3 had the Mech changed a few years back so should have plenty of life in it. I had considered going the Audio Note route but decided to stick with my trusted Naim and jump into maxing what it can do. I had a CD5 with Flat Cap2 & then Hi Cap prior to the CDS3 and always loved the sound of Naim players. I hold out in hope that they will revisit future CD products if the demand is there, always going to be a physical format for me.

5 Likes

My new ProAc k10’s. No more Focals. It’s early but I’m really pleased. Let’s see what they are like at 100 hours. Already a big improvement. Thanks Tyler.

57 Likes

Superb room, love the film posters

1 Like

Im loving the cameo vac!

2 Likes

Another set of phantom speaker cables courtesy of @Kipstryker as I sold mine and swapped with chord , but not to my taste for longer listening , so back to witchat

1 Like

Latest acquisition: DAC-V1. It’s one of the last made, by all accounts.

Goes well with the Cyrus. Also connected to the Cyrus, but not in the photo, is the Nak 582 cassette deck and the Sony MDS-JB930 Minidisc. I am going to add my old Pioneer DVD-LX50 multi-format player shortly. This system sits right next to my computer, so the USB on the Naim will be used for sound from that, be it film or music. Headphone only system.

14 Likes

Wow! Nice to see a pair of K10’s in the USA. The Ebony finish looks amazing. Congrats!

Now run (don’t walk) and order a set of IsoAcoustics GAIA feet for them. They transformed my K6 Signatures.

3 Likes

I will consider it. I have heard good things about them.

2 Likes

I have always liked shoe box units and I had a Cyrus setup before moving to a Nova via a Qute, though I think that the Cyrus units were better performers.

1 Like

DAC V1 was such a great product, I’d wished I’d kept mine as a headphone amp.

3 Likes

They don’t come up for sale that often, as far as I can see, so I thought I’d try to grab one when there was a chance of doing so at a reasonable price.

I use one in my system just as a headphone amp very good indeed.