What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2022?

It was just a double sided thin foam sticky pad…, I did not take it off but twisted to far the other way and held it, and ur seems to have settled vertically. If if moves I will take it off and redo.

That makes sense, thanks. I wonder if they will work out for you; they are not what you’d call pretty speakers.

How do they compare to the Dyna’s? Never heard the Evoke. When comparing the ATC SCM40’s to the Countour 30i’s, I found they have two completely different presentations.

1 Like

Nice! I’ve followed Decware stuff for years. Never bought any though.

Very different! The dyns are really easy to listen to with a softer treble than the atc and more bass, which was great for low level listening during the day whilst working, but too much when I wanted to have a session. The atc is faster, more dynamic and bouncy. Enjoying the contrast but which is better I can’t say yet…

I wasn’t planning on buying any new gear soon, but the other day our dog had his way with the remote for the Oppo BluRay so a new remote is now on the shopping list

1 Like

Just collected my SW1X DAC iii Balanced and LPU ii Special. Cannot wait to bed these into the system.

6 Likes

Just swapped my Lingo 1 for a Radikal 1 on my office system with outstanding results!

12 Likes

Ordered a Shunyata Venom ethernet cable. Let’s see (hear) how it performs :+1:

7 Likes

Good choice! I have one of the range in my system - be interested to read how you find it.

Finally got a pair of NAC A5 speaker cables used. I now feel like I’m part of the club. So happy I made the decision to upgrade to Naim gear.

14 Likes

Upgrade for the bedroom system. After a twenty five year gap, there are Tablettes back in the house. My last pair were black and had straws in the back, I’m hoping these give me as much joy as my previous pair.
The Node is an upgrade of my Node2i, which will be gifted to a friend.

19 Likes

Bought a nice DIN to 4xRCA from designacable in the UK to connect a headphone amplifier to my NAIT XS 2.
It was a real struggle to find the correct cable here in Germany. There are very few available on the used market and when reaching out dealers some of them had no clue what I was looking for and wanted to sell me a regular source cable. The best offer was a custom-ordered Chord Clearway but at twice the cost of a regular source cable (i.e. ca. 300 EUR). Finally decided to order from designable who were very helpful and the cable cost about a third of the Chord cable. Shipping was surprisingly fast from UK to Germany and no problems with additional taxes or customs.

4 Likes

When connecting a headphone amp what do the 2 “in” cables do?

Only the two „out“ cables are connected to the headphone amp. I decided to buy the DIN to 4xRCA cable because of the added flexibility in case I want to connect a tape deck in the future.

Hah, I was just browsing eBay earlier and noticed the older Proac speaker ports looked like they had straws in! Any idea what purpose it served?

1 Like

Secondhand UnitiQute 2 off eBay to run some in-wall B&Ws in the bathroom. My wife loves it!

1 Like

Yes, quite a few 80s designs (Proac, Celef, Meridian amongst others)sported those. IIRC, the idea at the time was to try to reduce turbulent air flow in the port. It seemed to fall out of fashion as computer modelling became more prevalent and port airflow could be better modelled.

3 Likes

Hi,
As a matter of interest which headphone amplifier will you be using?

For now, a JDS Labs Atom which I hijacked from my office setup is connected to the XS2. I am still looking for a permanent solution for the main system. Maybe something like a Lehmann Audio Drachenfels.

1 Like