What was the last bit of gear you bought in 2023?

I bought a used Chord qbd76 about 6 years ago and it’s now my reference. I’ve upgraded almost everything in the main system and the Chord still remains. Since I like it so much, I’ve overspent on the mains cable that actually costs higher than the DAC itself.

2 Likes

A pair of used focal elegia to compare to senn hd660s on chord mojo 2

3 Likes

The older non HDMI units are a lot cheaper

How long is the burning in period?

1 Like

Fair point, still worth it, I’ve got an Atom on my Lounge TV, great little box.

1 Like

I use them under my 606s and think they work great. Plus they make it easier to move the speakers around.

2 Likes

No burn in… as soon as they are installed you will hear the difference!

3 Likes

2 supposedly never used REL T3. Sad part is it worked during testing, upon buying them and taking them back home. After 3 songs, one of the sub started voice coil rubbing. Off to the speaker tech it goes

Not bought quite yet - trying to resist …….
Actually these were on demo with New Classic Naim

8 Likes

They look nice, and they are?

Audio Solutions Virtuoso B. I’m not sure if they have any presence in the U.K. - I’m in Madeira.

Lovely colour/design

There’s a huge colour palette, but my wife happens to think they match the room decor - I’m on a winner :+1:

Oh and there’s a 190 cm down firing woofer under there.

Edit - oops! As HH has pointed out, I meant 19 cm :grinning:

1 Like

Tried them all spikes, Gaia’ and Podiums. Now have same as you :blush:

2 Likes

Wow, 190cm. That’s over six feet. It must go very low indeed.

:joy:

If you have the funds, may a recommend these Tad speakers. They are for me absolutely stunning for these type of speakers. I linked in the review as well, and will talk about it tomorrow in my Munich show report….

3 Likes

Never purposely looked but not come across a HiFi shop in Funchal.

My dealer keeps trying to nudge me to give TAD a try. Not sure why but I seem to have an almost allergic reaction to some brands.

1 Like

I think there should be a rule that if you post a picture of something you have to state specifically what it is in the same post. Not all of us pour over audiophile rags to memorize every bit of kit out there. :slight_smile:

3 Likes