What was the last bit of gear you bought?

I am in Australia too and am subscribed to Qobuz.
I’m not sure exactly how I went about it but I started out with an account for downloading hi rez files - I may have used a VPN to get past the login screens. After that I found some advice on this forum suggesting I ask Qobuz customer service to remove the geolock as I was “travelling” overseas which they were happy to do and last year I tried out the streaming service not sure if it would work but it does. Worth a go as it sounds great.

1 Like

We don’t have Qobuz in Aus yet, the hi if quality with Tidal is a little more expensive than I thought but I send $100-200 a month on hi res files and CDs anyway so it may end up cheaper.

Tidal here is 20 euro and Qobuz is 25 euro so it’s not cheap but I have bought very few cds over the last couple of years so it is probably worth it.

Amen for me too. Probably 3/4 of the music I have listened to over the past 3 years would not have happened without streaming.

Meridian 206 Delta Sigma CD player in excellent condition.

Lovely player. Will the 506 20 bit player stay?

8 Likes

The Fyne Audio F1-5 arrived this morning. I’ve been excitedly bouncing like a small child before Christmas all week…
They are ex-demo, but like new, not a mark on them. Turns out they are serial number 12, so one of the very first pairs to leave the factory. Pretty sure they’ll be the first pair in Switzerland too, as I don’t think they are officially sold here yet.

What stunning little things, both in build quality and sound. They suit the Atom so well. We live in a small-ish apartment, but these speakers fill the room like I’ve never heard before. Even the bass is far deeper than I was expecting. Absolutely thrilled. Matching stands to come in a month or two once the bank balance recovers.

Bottle of wine and the remote control this evening…

27 Likes

Still have mine - bought in 1989 if I remember correctly. Not used since 2005 or thereabouts when I got a cds2

Does it serve you long coffee?

4 Likes

Haven’t found the coffee button yet. :upside_down_face: My wife thinks they look like the headlights of a vintage car. I’m thinking more of a Kenny from Southpark look… They are odd looking, but certainly a talking point :smiley:

1 Like

What is the central button for?
As for looking, I like it…was just joking.

Is the Music Line strip good also with a mix “Naim-not Naim” system?

I love it to death, I really, really do

But if you can get it in Focal Yellow - it will be a Minion

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 19.48.39

I’ve seen hundreds of systems on these pages , but I suspect yours sounds as good as it looks and it looks b****y good

I like it - a lot

Vest Vishes

Ian

4 Likes

Why not instead these beauties ? Strong WAF certainly

4 Likes

Kudos ks1 speaker cable

4 Likes

fraggle-rock

3 Likes

NAC 252 to replace my SN2

30 Likes

And what nap? Just curious… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got a great deal on a 250DR. You always need to leave room for another upgrade

6 Likes

This is why some turn off the lights when listening to music. Imagine the shock when light comes on…

3 Likes

What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Not new gear per se, but prompted by @Stephen_Tate, the retermination of some old gear, my Naca5 speaker wires.

It’s as if the drums are being hit harder and there is more sparkle at the top end too. Plus, what was once an annoying and slightly off centre image has now centralised.

Really, this is for anyone who has the slightest doubt about the quality of the soldering on their Naca5… Just get it done!

6 Likes