What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Good choice methinks…

Had a Cyrus phono on a previous Cyrus based system, very good indeed.

I believe this one is even better and is more adjustable for cartridge settings via the remote…I imagine it will sound very good with your recent cartridge upgrade, keep us posted.

Enjoy

1 Like

Aaaah, yes I forgot Naim also made weapons for hand to hand combat. I’ll try harder next time!

1 Like

I think @Toon has one.

1 Like

Interesting… what does that remote do that the others don’t ?

1 Like

Hard to tell from the size of the box vs background…but it resembles a box for an Aro :grinning: Shame that was not the case!

I’ve had the Cyrus Phono Signature and PSXR2 power supply for the last 3 years. Best phono stage I ever heard and very adjustable from the remote instead of having to fiddle with dip switches to adjust gain, capacitance and resistance. I auditioned mine against phono stages from Linn, Roksan, Naim, Graham Slee and Tom Evans. It was a clear winner for me.

5 Likes

Nothing. When I got my 552 the remote had gone awol so my dealer got me a new one (thanks!).

Lovely thing it is too.

G

3 Likes

Ah…I see. Yes it looks a lot nicer than my Naim remote :+1:

1 Like

Fantastic bit of kit the Cyrus Signature Phono, sounds great, is a pleasure to use, has loads of flexibility, remote tweakery and well made…gosh darn it why did I sell mine?! :thinking:
One word of warning, do not under any circumstances borrow a PSX-R2 to try… because it will never leave again. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Some of you might remember a while back, I posted about getting some pixel buds a series. Unsurprisingly, I can now confirm that they do not survive a washing machine cycle. After leaving to dry in the sun for a bit, it seemed the buds might have as they beeped when I put them in my ears as normal and the light on the case came on when I opened the lid. Wondering if letting them dry out more on top of a warm amp will bring them back to life. Surprisingly, my old wired Sennheiser earbuds were fine when I did the same thing some time back.

1 Like

I know that the PSXR will suddenly arrive in the post at some point. I’ll use bare for a while first. Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

You’re gonna need a LOT of batteries! Mine is now back in its box in the loft. The ND555 remote, with system automation enabled, controls everything and you can disable the auto wake-up which hugely increases battery life.

Hope you enjoy it (at least until the novelty wears off :wink:) as it is a lovely bit of kit!

Cheers,

Ian

I haven’t changed the batteries on my R-Com for a number of years in spite of using it most evenings.

If an R-Com chews through batteries then there’s probably an issue with it that needs seeing to.

2 Likes

Cheers Ian. I use the iPad mostly for select, play, stop etc and only reach for the ND555 control for the volume so I’ll give the novelty of the R-Com a go for a short while…until it wears off!

I may even disconnect the RC5 and do without automation. I never really need it.

G

1 Like

I do notice it lights up if I as much as look at it…Seriously though it is sensitive, so if @IanF has it somewhere like the arm of the sofa, where mine is presently, and you’re shuffling about, it comes to life.

G

Yes, mine’s the same. If it’s on the table in front of me and I go to something up for the same table then it will light up.

1 Like

Another Sub Amp for Sub No 4 :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Just got my Witch hat Hatpin 4x for my 272/300DR. Very good value for money upgrade in my setup :ok_hand: More air, definition and separation is my first experience. Much bigger upgrade than some here have concluded IMO. It’s almost on 555PSDR level but maybe too much adrenalin going on here. I hope :laughing: Now time to let it settle in and see if more will happen. Bad thing, I’m already on my way to Morgana due to the positive experience with this one :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

More slam? Dam.

3 Likes

Having previously owned both the Hatpin and Morgana, with the 272/555/300DR, I found the Morgana a far greater increase in SQ than the Hatpin. In some ways I was disappointed with the improvement of the Hatpin over the Naim supplied cables but that is just my opinion. Enjoy your new Hatpin cable :blush:

1 Like