What was the last bit of gear you bought?

I can see AES input, is this from the DCS Network Bridge? Curious if you listen to DSD at all? Does the AES limit you to DSD64 native playback?.. Also can see you have Phase set to Negative with HF-Fil to On… In my setup I have it totally the opposite, Phase Positive and HF-Fil off… did you try the different options and settle to this? … I never could tell any difference with the HF-Fil setting, but setting the phase to positive made an improvment in my system… come to think of it, I am not sure I know what are the default factory settings for Chord Dave for the Phase and the HF-Filter settings…

HF filter off and phase negative works for me.

I answered this very question just a few posts up.

16 Likes

Yep. With a DV 10x5 mk2. In the picture it’s in my second system/ one my daughter uses. Which is a 72/hc/140. I tried it yesterday into my main system of cyrus phono stage/ 282 etc and it was very impressive.
I bought the cartridge on the suggestion of the dealer ( and this forum).I’m rather impressed with it.
Need to add it to the TT thread too.

Somebody (not sure who - so apologies to whoever said it ) said it was the sweet spot in the Rega range , and I think with a good cartridge I can see why.

Must admit, it has an understated elegance about it

I don’t think Rega make a yellow mat, shock horror - Project do

Oh yes they do!

7 Likes

They do a rather natty blue one too.

It’s red, blue or black - you have a collector’s piece - and yes I much prefer yellow

2 Likes

Without wishing to sound like a character from a pantomime, oh yes they do.

1 Like

Now, all Rega need to do, with their mats is punch the spindle hole in the middle. Slightly off centre appears to be their favourite method.

1 Like

That’s true! My red mat is decidedly wonky. But nothing is perfect and I think of it as adding character.

1 Like

Surely that depends on where the sheep’s bum was. Not something they can control.

20 Likes

Not thought of it like that. I’ll view my Rega matt( s) slightly differently now!

1 Like

With some affection?

4 Likes

Baa…

Living on the Romney Marsh I get to see a lot of sheeps’ arses!

The thread is of course about what is the last bit of hifi you bought, not about the last farmyard animal you lusted over. It’s a slightly unfortunate turn.

It is a shame when humour is perceived as ‘unfortunate’.

I do however prefer ‘clean’ humour.

5 Likes