What was the last bit of gear you bought?

Get a cheap remote and program it. No need then for that long walk to press the top of the node. :+1:

Maybe but nothing like Naim. Mine was great out the box (my DAC was warm).

It’s not that far! :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry that didn’t work out, I think it was me that influenced your ‘experiment’!

I have used mine for a long time, starting out on an NDX/202/HiCap/200 and it’s still with me now.

I did switch back to the lavender briefly to go back to basics when I put my 252 in as I was having issues with it after switching from a 282. The problem turned out to be a sever case of run in blues following a service. The lavender to me seemed very good and fun but lacked the refinement of the Lunar.

The Lunar used to be popular round these parts often compared favorably to the HiLine but that cable seems to divide opinion too.

Agreed. Although I don’t feel I have an issue with bass. I could mount them on batters and fill the space with rock wool I suppose.
I think I saw somebody else on the forum did this.

Also thought it would make a good diffuser on a back or front wall.

Powerlines connected… Hated pushing them in… felt like something was gonna brake :slightly_frowning_face:
Sounds fuller than before… Not sure £1500 better, but an improvement non the less…
To compare, prob the same upgrade from naked NDX2 to NDX2 + XPS DR… IMHO

Hmmmm, Now what next…

2 Likes

Got another HiCap Dr. This time connected to the Supernait 2. (First one went on the Superline. )

Regards

13 Likes

No dramas. All part of the journey! Do you think 2 weeks was a long enough running in time?

Enjoy the music

2 Likes

I don’t know, I bought mine used so it was run in, it’s a 75cm version which doesn’t seem to be made now.

That’s the best bit of advice I’ve had…

No more chasing upgrades…

It sounds amazing

3 Likes

All you need is cell phone, no remote needed.

Not listening gear, but when I got home late from work this evening, my lovely wife had bought some new record crates that look a whole lot nicer then the piles I had stacked up…takes care of about a eigth of my records ands looks great…I am impressed if I say so myself.

28 Likes

Good teamwork!

Good one Porphr

Likewise I have one on SN3 and the other on the Superline

HiCap DR a great value product

1 Like

This is really cool. Looks great too. I have been thinking of something i can use on the back side of our open plan island bench to help reduce reflections. Bingo. I can DIY this too.

1 Like

I think the idea is just that it’s better than a bare wall.

That’s why when I went from the 272 to 282 and needed basic streaming and DAC for the tv, I went with the Nd5xs2. You don’t have the option for a power supply and I knew if it did I’d buy one eventually.

2 Likes

Preloved full fat Fraim

18 Likes

Agreed and aesthetically nicer than some of the absorbers and diffusers out there