What was the last CD you bought

A live radio recording from an obscure label , to be blunt I wan’t expecting much

Superb

Nice to be proved wrong

3 Likes

So happy to finally have this :joy:

3 Likes

Just ordered from discogs

6 Likes

I discovered Jacqueline du Pre’s The Heart of a Cello thanks to Qobuz and just had to own it!

It didn’t take me long to find something else I couldn’t resist, a SACD of three violin Concerti, the violinist the great Jascha Heifetz.

Lastly, but far from least, two more CDs to add to my ever growing collection of the great Swedish tenor, Jussi Bjorling.

With subscriptions to both Qobuz and Tidal I still feel compelled to own my favorite music. Thankfully, I no longer feel compelled to buy new CDs, so I buy used, and I usually get them cheap, though not always.

6 Likes

A ltd ed of PiL at Brixton 2009 (002/100, not I suspect that that means too much) to go with my PiL Brixton 87 LP.

Should be a cracker.

4 Likes

Splendid and varied jazz trio. Getting hacked off with the months of waiting for the vinyls so reverting to CD and rather enjoying it.

3 Likes

Kurt Maloo ‘Loopy Avenue’ he of Double remember ‘The Captain of Her Heart’?
Randy Crawford did an ace cover too

London Grammar - Californian Soil

For some stupid reason I didn’t like this when it came out. But now I’m older and obviously wiser.

12 Likes

it’s happened also to me

Lots

This arrived yesterday after a mention by @NigelB

These from a charity shop, still in cellophane wrappers, donated by a dealer, heaven knows where and how they had been stored, hence £1 the lot.

These from two charity shops on the same day, £11 the lot

This one cost me £1.

4 Likes

I think you ought to spill the beans - which charity shop?! And where?

1 Like

Wow…! In my Wantlist for much too long… :astonished:

6 Likes

This from Tedeschi Trucks Band has just arrived. If the three further releases are anything like as good as this one it will be an outstanding collection.

4 Likes

Sold out on Amazon - bought from Presto

6 Likes

Tin Machine ll

7 Likes

Just arrived in today’s mail. Now waiting for work to end.

2 Likes

Just arrived from Bandcamp:

3 Likes

Heard some of this album on Radio 3 [but did not know what title or who?].
Bought it as soon as I could identify it.
‘If I am Silent’ is a stunning track…

3 Likes

Weighter and darker than her previous albums - it growing on me after 2 or 3 listens.
Still quirky, as ever, but there’s definitely feeling of hope from darkness…

Regina-Spektor-new-album-2022

2 Likes

@JimDog I had some trouble with the quad layer on the Sony XA-9000 ES. It just will not read it! :confounded: The OPPO 105D had better success with it - a bit of trouble with disc 2 but it eventually read it. I guess age is affecting the laser calibrations.
Stereo had no issues. The sound is ‘lively’ with better instrument definition than the digital files I have (from the Complete Columbia box and the 24-96 HD from 2014). I ripped the stereo layer to DSF using the OPPO deck, all other files are FLAC, something to keep in mind.
The packaging is very good. The 1997 notes by Gary Bartz are included in English but otherwise the other notes are in Japanese which I cannot read unfortunately. My uneducated guess would be that the quad mix is the one on the 1972 LP release- GQ 30954 . I have never heard it though. Obviously there is a different instrument separation experience than the stereo. You seem to be in the band and the low end has a bit more robustness! I think I will get into it! Great little package IMO!

ATB.

3 Likes