What was the last CD you bought

Erm… this will be my first CD, by The Gathering… What I have seen & heard on YouTube seems promising… And I think their singer is quite good… :astonished:

(Coming here, from the Ayreon angle… :thinking:)

6 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

And, it raises another sorting order question…file under D or S?

1 Like

I’m not really into Ayreon but if you like Mandylion then give How To Measure A Planet a go.

1 Like

Oh dear…:astonished: How about Star One, then…?

My next Gathering CD will likely be Nighttime Birds…

Latest from the Sally Ann thrift shop; an eclectic pair.

2 Likes

I saw the Chicago Symphony perform Má Vlast a couple years ago with Daniel Barenboim. What a treat!

1 Like

I don’t know Star One @IanRobertM and have only ever listened to the The Source and The Human Equation by Ayreon, so maybe I should give him another chance to be fair. Nighttime Birds I like and I hope you will enjoy checking out The Gathering.
ATB

Some special editions:
13th Floor Elevators

And the Red Crayola

4 Likes

Preordered Mark Knopfler The Studio Albums 2009-2018 cd box set from Amazon, Released 7th October.

7 Likes

FDoS
Hearing the track “Our Window” on the Heartstopper soundtrack drew me to these guys.
Some light Nick Cave vibes

5 Likes

My first post-covid visit (long overdue) to the excellent Sound Knowledge in Marlborough yielded these:

So far, I’ve listened to Top Gun (mostly Hans Zimmer clichés and the Lady Gaga track isn’t her usual standard but the redone versions of Top Gun Anthem are fun), the Craig Charles (yeah, pretty good), Marcus Miller (also good, though I was cooking supper by this stage).

Any thoughts on the Delicate Sound remaster? The Hoffman forum said it was an improvement but I’m two tracks in and thinking it sounds quite dull and distant. I need to A/B it with my original 1980s version.

Mark

4 Likes

Terry Riley Poppy Nogood All Night Flight vol 1
Organ of Corti 4
Always loved Poppy so this was a must.

Ocean Of Sound double disc compilation " a collection of music to accompany David Toop’s book" of the same name. Nicely varied selection, incl a heavily shortened Poppy. Will read the book on Kindle.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Afro Celt Sound System’s second album
RW61-500x500

10 Likes

Bought this second hand. Excellent recording. The description said mint second hand but the cd was still in the cellophane wrapper and looked brand new so no complaints from me!

5 Likes

Latest from Neil Young, released today.

8 Likes

Lou Reed

4 Likes