What was the last concert / gig you attended?

OK @steviebee - this just in, Ese and the gang are playing Pizza Express Holborn on 4th July (the artist scheduled to play has dropped out). I will email you with a link once tix go on sale (probably Monday).

2 Likes

@Gazza - they are good aren’t they. Three Vooduu People (Pharoah, Jackson and Sheena) plus a guitarist, percussionist and saxophonist Anna Chai (who plays on “Colours”, E&TVP’s latest single). Carl has been recording some tracks with them, not sure if I will release them or whether someone else will… all being negotiated.

1 Like

Thanks Kev! :+1:

I/we’ll be there… I’m at work but will finish in plenty of time to get there.

Ese and a Veneziana (my favourite pizza when it’s done well)…cup running over!

1 Like

Hope it works out……a definite buy from me.

1 Like

Isn’t there some chap in Holland Park who knows his way around using a bow on a geetaar.

2 Likes

I will write it up, but with the inevitable bias of a long-time (since 1970 ish) Yes fan.

1 Like

Muti Conducts Verdi Un Ballo in Maschera

CSO closed 2022 season with a big bang. Muti was full of vigor and iron fisted performance even tho he was recovering from COVID last week.

Francesco Meli tenor (Riccardo )
Joyce El-Khoury soprano (Amelia )
Luca Salsi baritone (Renato )
Yulia Matochkina mezzo-soprano (Ulrica )
Damiana Mizzi soprano (Oscar )

2 Likes

A brilliant day at Hyde Park yesterday & The Stones never fail to deliver. Wonderful stuff!!

6 Likes

That was a very good concert and the crowd were in good spirits too.
We then saw the Eagles yesterday, also very good, though a little more subdued.

2 Likes

War on Drugs at Bristol harbourside. Absolutely superb

3 Likes

They were superb at Hyde Park last Saturday too!

2 Likes

PIL a couple of weeks ago at Manchester. The usual madness.

And ABC last night. Great voice, although the sound at The Bridgewater was terrible.

2 Likes

The fantastic Oysterband with June Tabor at the Rose Theatre Kingston-upon-Thames. Not a bad venue acoustics wise considering that it’s a brutalist concrete structure inside, built in the round like the globe theatre.
A wonderful evening of folk music performed by these talented evergreen musicians. June Tabors voice is incredible considering that she’s now 74 and doesn’t perform often.

4 Likes

We were in row H you must have been quite near us!

A great gig, not the best I’ve seen them I think it’s the only one they’re playing together, so not quite as razor sharp as I expected, and no “White Rabbit”……questions should be asked!

1 Like

Bevis Frond Liverpool couple of nights ago.

Majestic!

4 Likes

Nick Cave and the bad seed.
Yesterday. Arena di Verona

5 Likes

Have to keep this succinct as at work…

ESE AND THE VOODUU PEOPLE
PizzaExpress Live, Holborn 4 July.

Should be called EVP Starship (no, not that later crappy slick one that ruined the beloved Airplane’s memory, but a truly star-bound oufit as they grow in members & sheer power) - Noel ( not-just-percussion, old hand by now) Anna (sax, hope I got your name right!) and Gareth (flute…and how!) have primed an already great band for the Strat-osphere ( :wink: )
Good God A-mighty! A great night by a knockout band hurtling from strength to strength.

Front seating looked a bit like Juke Box Jury

Kudos to the young support band:

I’ll look up their name when I’ve more time.

And of course, Vooduu Happenings!

Back to work, bathed in the glow of a fab night…my Manager thinks I may be under an influence. I am…

4 Likes

At Pizza Express Live in Holborn, Ese, Sheena, Jackson, Pharoah and Noel were joined by Gareth Lockrane on flute and Anna Chai on tenor sax for a stellar 70 minute set…

Ese & The Vooduu People Setlist Pizza Express High Holborn, London, England 2022
Edit this setlist | More Ese & The Vooduu People setlists
2 Likes

Rolling Stones Hyde Park 3 July. On blistering form, and having so much fun performing together. Just magical….

3 Likes

LCD Soundsystem on Sunday in Brixton
Tears for Fears on Monday in Shepherd’s Bush

Both excellent.

5 Likes