What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Hi Steveie, early days, it was packed later. Great gig, did a song off new album and had George firzgerald in stage as well for a couple

Wednesday, saw the Ecoles d’art Americaines de Fontainebleau Conservatoire perform in the Chapelle de la Trinite on a visit to the chateau (I’m on holiday in France). I thought it was beautiful.

Then on Thursday, I took the opportunity to catch the last night of Transatlantic’s, The Absolute Universe Tour, in Paris - an awesome 3 hour night musically and sounded really good too.

Cheers,

Ian

5 Likes

Nothing lately due to COVID but off to see Dimmer and Agnes Obel in sept - looking forward to both but especially Agnes Obel - it’s in an old cinema so should be a good intimate affair…

I was at the Royal Festival Hall last night but not for a music concert. Instead I went to hear David Sedaris who is touring UK at moment. He was reading excerpts from current book and recent essays. Very, very funny and much ruder (and more waspish) than his R4 show. Great evening

5 Likes

A legend.

2 Likes

Joe Jackson - Symphony Hall Birmingham last night.

Great set super musicians.

8 Likes

Beverley Craven & Julie Tzuke at the Petworth Festival.

Would have loved to also see them, my leg is taken away a lot of pleasure this year….

Sorry to hear that Bert.
Can you at least drive?

We are going to see him on Friday, in sunny Pompey, just down the road. His ‘home town’ gig.

Hope you enjoy it. I certainly did.

No, since about 9 weeks I haven’t been allowed to put any pressure on the broken leg. Coming week I will have my 2nd operation to take the plugs out. After that I will gradually get again in my feet. As it’s my right leg also no driving…

Bit of a slow slog Bert, hope it all speeds up for you.

1 Like

oh dear Bert. I am so sorry. It must be hard to get around in the house even.
Hope your surgery goes ok and swift 100% recovery. Last year I fell and banged my right knee and tore ligaments. Since I live alone it was an ordeal just to get to a few feet inside the house. And I had stairs to deal with!

1 Like

Really sorry to hear that Bert. Hopefully, you will be on the mend soon.

Best wishes,

Ian

1 Like

Best wishes for a successful procedure along with a quick recovery to get you up and about as soon as possible!

1 Like

Broken leg, that’s not good take care.

1 Like

A very pleasant evening in the Waterperry Gardens amphitheatre last night listening to Moonrakers.

Good music and appalling jokes.

2 Likes

Last night I went to see the production of ‘South Pacific’ currently running at Sadlers Wells. Oh my, one of the best musicals I have ever seen on stage. Brilliant production, set design, choreography and with Julian Ovenden and Gina Beck, two of the finest stage musical singers you will ever see. Can’t recommend this enough. ‘Some enchanted evening’, ‘There is nothing’ like a dame’, ‘I’m gonna wash that man right out of my hair’, ‘Bali Ha’i’, ‘Happy talk’ …
Just fabulous

4 Likes

Young Brummie saxophonist Xhosa Cole & quartet outside at Snape Maltings. Good player a bit straight ahead but a fair sprinkling of Monk tunes to add interest.

2 Likes