What was the last concert / gig you attended?

I’ve been to a couple of gigs this month.

First was Transatlantic Sessions at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham. It’s become an annual tradition, since it falls close to my father’s birthday and features a number of artists he likes. Not my usual genre of music, but very enjoyable nonetheless.

On Thursday night, I saw Eleanor McEvoy at the Chapel Arts Centre in Bath. It was my second time seeing Eleanor, and it was an extremely good concert. She played a range of material from her new album and back catalogue on guitar, piano and violin. She’s on tour in the UK until the middle of March - I’d definitely recommend seeing her if she’s playing nearby.

2 Likes

Suzanne Vega - with Gerry Leonard - at Leicester De Montfort Hall, Tuesday 28th Feb.

They played this one - this YouTube from the Bath Concert, 25th Feb -

3 Likes
3 Likes

Just returned from a mixed concert. Solo organ playing before the break, not so my thing, while skillful. And after the break a nice Bruckner 6 with Thomas Dausgaard……

3 Likes

Gregory Porter

(Apologies in advance for rubbish phone photo )

Took my best mate (and wife) to see the great Gregory Porter.

Sat 11th Feb. Valentines Day concert. VIP tickets :+1:
Brilliant night out

The Kings Theatre, in Brooklyn NY , is such and an amazing venue.

4 Likes

Just back from Mike Oldfield in Torquay.

Was unsure about Tubular Bells before going but hearing it live was a great experience.

The PA sounded a bit ropey to begin with and the stage monitors were clipping like buggery but the sound guy got it under control pretty quickly

Nova Twins in Brighton last night.

Awesome. Bundles of energy , and a cracking atmosphere.

1 Like

Just back from this concert .

Absolutely charming

2 Likes

Mogwai a couple of weeks ago, my god they were loud, my Apple Watch registered 115db.
Suzanne Vega a week ago.

Both at Bath Forum.

Gary Stewart’s Graceland at the Platform in Morecambe last night. He played the whole of the Graceland album along with some other Paul Simon classics. I’ve been a huge fan of Graceland since it was first released and got to see Paul Simon 3 times including in South Africa with Ladysmith Black Mambazo. I enjoyed last nights tribute show just as much. His band were unbelievably good.

Had an enjoyable evening with Sabine Meyer and the Potsdammer Akkedamie……, a wow moment was how the orchestra played the 7th symphony of Beethoven, my god never heard it so dynamic and entertaining……

2 Likes

black midi - the last night of a 4 night residency at Village Underground in Shoreditch. One of the, if not the, most exhilarating live shows I have ever seen. An astonishing mix of Zappa/King Crimson/jazz/ punk/ post-punk/ thrash metal. I’ve said it elsewhere but I think Morgan Simpson is just the best drummer out there at moment ( you can find him on internet in conversation with Bill Bruford). Whole show has been posted on YouTube

Oh, and guest vocals on John L from……Harry Hill!!

2 Likes

Just checked YouTube. I hope that was you up the front waving your pint around.

Suede at Cambridge CE.

No fear - I left the youngsters in the mosh pit and stayed out of harm’s way!

Joe Bonamassa last night at the Saenger Theater in New Orleans. If you love electric guitar you owe it to yourself to go experience Mr. Bonamassa.

1 Like

Beth Hart this evening at The Symphony Hall Birmingham.
She was definitely feeling the GROOVE tonight.
Several Zeppelin covers from the Album she did recently.
Bloody AWESOME show🤩

3 Likes

Beth is fantastic.

That’s the 7th time we’ve seen her and she’s always amazing

1 Like

Off to Manchester to see her shortly,can’t wait.Will be the fifth time,she never disappoints.