What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Beck.

6 Likes

Ach Pete I would love to see Beck live. Lucky bugger!

1 Like

Both were excellent.

A couple more photos

7 Likes

Brilliant lighting, very imaginative.

How was Robert Forster? Did he focus on the new record or was it a broad set?

1 Like

Forster only played one track off his new album plus 3 or 4 Go Between tracks the rest was made up of stuff from his solo albums.

1 Like

Roger Waters at Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam @rogerwaters at @ziggodomeamsterdam - YouTube

8 Likes

Maroon 5 at Dolby Live and Muse with Evanescence at T Mobile in Las Vegas

1 Like

A great show by Bruce and the e Street band in Baltimore the other night.

6 Likes

Now available as a download if you are interested

1 Like

Thanks, as I missed the start, I think I’ll do that :grin:

Ryan Adams last night at The Birmingham Symphony Hall. No photos, as there was not one phone in sight the whole 3 hour event, but I did manage to get one of the 50 signed posters. These are really high quality prints on thick paper, specific to each event. Set list included Black Sabbath songs at this venue.

7 Likes

That’s a bit odd no photos for a guy who gives his music away. Though I do think it’s a good idea as too many things are ruined by people taking photos these days (yes I know I’m guilty as well).

Anyway should have been a good show did you enjoy it.

2 Likes

The event build-up was no photos and tbh, he is a bit intimidating. The music was excellent, but it did need turning up for me. It was a bit too intimate and whispery, and I was right at the front centre. I’ve see him several times and his attitude towards people and quiet acoustic sets haven’t changed.

2 Likes

I’m off to Newark on Friday. Arrived into NYC yesterday….beyond excited !

1 Like

He suffers from meniere’s and asks at the beginning of a gig that people don’t take photos (due to the flash)

1 Like

Ha that makes sense.

1 Like

Albany was postponed. I have to wait until November in Montreal. At least it is free floor standing (like it was last time he visited) which makes a refreshing change.

Just curious (and assume this doesn’t break any rules) about the ticket price. With current selling method you never know what the deal is and have little choices. I paid 1200 canadian for bruce floor standing. 200 was fees. That’s twice what i paid last time and three times for a similar ticket for Peter Gabriel in September. The price of nostalgia!

Ryan Adams at the Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham on Wednesday night from the first tier. Played for about 2hrs 15 mins about 30 mins less than was advertised in the hall foyer prior to the start. The concert was pretty much one paced lacking “dynamism”, my wife and I were not that impressed. Moved about between playing guitar seated moving to the piano a couple of times and towards the end standing at the third set of mics. To be fair I think the bulk of the audience liked him but a good number seemed not to.
I didn’t like his almost “piss take” banter of a few people in the first two rows or so but he did a great put down of a guy who was taking pictures during songs. Does seem a bit full of himself though.

That’s dynamic pricing for you a real rip off if you ask me. Don’t think it’s hit here yet and from what I’ve read I hope it doesn’t.