What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

thanks Richard.

Two great albums! R+R=NOW Live and Robert Glasper - Black Radio III

910OY-+zCaL._AC_SY450_1

BEYONCÉ Lemonade (2017 UK/EU limited edition 12-track double album 2-LP pressed on 180-gram Lemon Yellow Vinyl,

3 Likes

The same, Acoustic Sounds Series. They make a nice pair

2 Likes

Has anyone had any experience of US re issue label Friday Music?

Yes @Dreadatthecontrols, got some 1990s Bowie reissues from them before the Dame died. Good stuff.

1 Like

18 Likes

Along with the Acoustic Sounds G/G above, also received this today from Diverse:

11 Likes

Thanks! I take it they were good mastering/pressing etc?

Is the Nancy & Lee good? I have an old regular pressing and love the album but always thought maybe the pressing could be better.

The Getz/Gilberto one is great, I have it too. I just wish they could decide on which side Astrud should be in the stereo mix in Ipanema, and stick to it. (Most recordings have her on the right, but historically correct seems to be on the left, which is the case on the Verve release on vinyl. The same release on Qobuz also had her on the left, originally, but as soon as I got used to it they switched it around, and now the vinyl is one way and streaming the other :rage:)

1 Like

Such a gem this release, enjoy!

All the Nancy LITA reissues sound fantastic @Suedkiez

2 Likes

Oh my, another money sink :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s the one I have ordered. :wink:

1 Like

The Sony “Analog Jazz Legendary Collection” Bill Evans Live in Tokyo I own is awesome. I was searching for a while for a nice, somewhat affordable, copy of Miles’ “Four” & More and saw Sony just released this title in the same series in Japan. I found a seller on Discogs selling it mint and ordered Milestones from the same series with it on Sunday.

Wednesday, three days later…, two beautiful records arrived from what turned out to be a HMV shop in Japan, no customs charges so far and they are fantastic.

What Sony did with the series, is try to make exact copies of the originals, sleeve and disc label. The Milestones label for example lists the song “Milestones” as “Miles”, just like the original. What Sony is suspected of not doing however, on this “Analog” series, is use analogue sources, but their own (very good of course) digital sources.

The result is two records I am very happy to own. The Obi is always a treat with Japanese pressings and the rest of the quality standard is so incredibly high, US and more so EU plants could learn from. Packaged in a resealable outer sleeve, Obi acting as a folder cover for the sleeve and the inner sleeve which is outside of the outer sleeve on the back. Inner sleeve of thick paper…but with even a separate plastic sleeve inside. The records thick, heavy, flat and clean.

The Four and more is as I know it, awesome music, recording so-so, but good as can be for live shows. Hancock is pumping chords out double time, Coleman is going off the beaten track more than I ever heard hime do, Carter and Williams are pushing everyone along, this album is so often making me wish I was there to see them performing live.

Milestones Mono really surprised me, as this pressing is sonically very, very, very good. If you are looking for which copy to get, put this one high on the list.

Both records: highly recommended!

Rex’ vinyl #76

Miles Davis - ”Four” & More

Pressing 2022 / Analog Jazz Legendary Collection / Sony Columbia SIJP-1049

Rex’ vinyl #77

Miles Davis - Milestones

Pressing 2021 / Analog Jazz Legendary Collection / Sony Columbia SIJP-1031/CL1193

8 Likes

I haven’t bought any Friday Music vinyl but they have a mixed reputation on the Hoffman forums. Some pressings seem to be all right and others not, so it might be worth checking out what you are considering getting.

1 Like

I take it that your version is not the Dol version that Juno has, released in April this year?

Thanks Clive
:+1:

Let us know how you get on if you do go ahead - it’s good to have feedback on different labels.

Two Candids, remastered by ol’ Bernie.
Particularly looking forward to hearing Straight Ahead against my unremastered copy.

6 Likes