What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Thanks to you and @Richard.Dane for recommending this. What an amazing record. Loving it. My copy arrived today and is perfect.

1 Like

Thank you so much for taking the time to post on this wonderful set of records. I was aware of the personnel on the next two and am especially looking forward to Zakir Hussien hopefully Kevin Gray will master both of the upcoming Trios.

All three records will be available as a box set but as I’ve already bought one and pre ordered the next two I’ll stick with them though the box set looks very nice.

Also thank you for the recommendation I think our taste is very similar so I’ll definitely be checking it out.

Sonny Clark - Dial ‘S’ for Sonny, BN Classic Series (2022)

This title was one that stood out for me when BN published their Classic Series titles for 2022 and it doesn’t disappoint their is an exceptional version of It Could Happen to You at the end of side one.

Processing: 2062B755-CBCB-4865-8E81-B3F662DC6316.jpeg…

1 Like

Yusef Lateef - Eastern Sounds, Prestige/OJC (2021)

A record that needs no introduction to Jazz fans Yusef was innovative in the true sense of the word. The Plum Blossom is played using a Chinese globular flute an instrument he sort out after reading about it in a book.

Eastern Sounds is an exceptional record and should be played right through front to back.

3 Likes

These two, arriving tomorrow and Thursday. Normally I’ll support my local record store(s), but lack of availability meant going online.

2 Likes

7 Likes

If that is the Abbey Road Half Speed remaster of Seconds Out, it is superb. Significantly better than my original 1977 Charisma Records copy. Enjoy it.

1 Like

I believe it is. Thanks for adding to the anticipation of receiving (and listening to) it.

2 Likes

100% agree. SQ on the Half Speed version is superb.

1 Like

Picked this one up for €10 online. A VG++ copy in a NM sleeve. This album I know very well and the two John’s from Connecticut with guitars sound very fine together.

Rex’ vinyl #82

John Scofield & John Abercrombie - Solar

Pressing 1985 /Palo Alto Records / Fonomusic / Spain

5 Likes

It was indeed the Abbey Road Half Speed remaster - and it really sounds excellent. Unfortunately, the first track on side 4 is badly (and audibly) scratched, so it’s going back. I just don’t understand the carelessness with which vinyl records are sometimes treated. And oddly, despite being an Abbey Road Half Speed remaster with focus on creating “a very high quality record” it doesn’t even come with soft inner sleeves - just the hard carton type.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that it needs to go back.
I’ve just checked and apart from the obvious signs of age, the inner sleeves of the remaster are identical (material AND content/layout) to those of my 1977 original. They weren’t appropriate back then, they’re even less so now (especially given the high cost of today’s offerings).
Seems that Abbey Road have learned NOTHING in the intervening 45 years.

3 Likes

HMHB. What more is there to say …
It’s flat, perfectly centred, free from imperfections and as mad as a box of frogs.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Two secondhand shop finds in excellent condition for a grand total of €1,45!

I just bought the Denon one because I read about these early digital recordings just last week and wondered about the SQ and this is an original one from 1974.

3 Likes

The reduced version of TOOL Fear Inoculum came today. 50€ instead of the 170€ on 3 discs instead of 5 discs. I’m looking forward to the sound, I’ll wash right away.

After washing directly to the turntable

Top sound, a firework of drums and dynamics. Compared to the stream more musical. Digital is analytical and compared to vinyl already a little annoying. Vinyl clearly better and more complete sound.

On side 2, my favorite song Invincible, unfortunately very much crackle and pop even after washing twice. Let’s see how the other sides are.

3 Likes

Kokoroko new one - Could We Be More on Brownswood. The expected upbeat and sunny jazz/afrobeat mash up from Sheila Cassie & Co. Now where’s the new Seed Ensemble offering!

3 Likes

Ambience in excelsis!

What a lovely set. Comes with a double-sided art print:

6 Likes

Another inspirational masterpiece from the legend.

5 Likes