What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Ken Wheeler The John Dankworth Orchestra - Windmill Tilter (The Story Of Don Quixote) Decca/Fontana (2021)

I’ve been looking for a reasonably priced copy of this well respected reissue for a while and so very happy to have found one.

2 Likes

Wow! Well done - 60 cents! That’s a wonderful and also a very expensive record usually, even the later reissues.

4 Likes

And all 9 Beethoven symphonies (Karajan) for Euro3.5 also seems a great price !

1 Like

Thx @Richard.Dane Yep, just had a look at Discogs and an original 1961 SXL 2296 pressing like this goes for a little bit more than 60 cents these days as you can see here;

I take it that it’s not a blueback wideband ED1…?

No it’s just a “lowly” ordinary wideband ED3…

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Teenage Gizzard

A few 2nd hand purchases made by me and my daughter while on holiday on the Isle of Wight.

5 Likes

Not lowly at all! The wideband ED3s are some of the best sounding of the Deccas and before the oil crisis hit.

1 Like

Some great purchases there!

To add to my other LITA releases. They certainly know how to put a package together, it’s lovely.

3 Likes

‘Out to Lunch’ - Eric Dolphy

2021 Blue Note Classic reissue - picked up new for £17 from Musicroom Exeter

4 Likes

Bought this t’other day, PJ Harvey, Let England Shake.
Occasionally, I drag my wife in to have a listen, this time to hear how the loudspeakers had disappeared.
She was very impressed listened for a short while then carried on with her shopping list. :wink:
Sound quality very good.

4 Likes

Got these two today, new and sealed on vinyl. With Blonde on Blonde, they represent the pinnacle of Mr D’s art in my opinion

5 Likes

2 x 99p from Oxfam.

Cleaned up nicely on the OkkiNok.

Couldn’t help but think of Morcambe and Wise when I briefly put them on to check SQ🙂

4 Likes

Neil Young: Carnegie Hall 1970. Lyle Lovett: 12th of June.

These four beauties arrived today in perfect condition and well packaged.

6 Likes

Are they the Crafts @carruthersesq? I have those four and they’re excellent!

1 Like

Yes they are Kevin.

2 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t get the box set when it came out because it has a fifth record of extras which has not been released I don’t think. I don’t have the It Could Happen To You Stereo remaster either because at the time I bought the RSD Kevin Gray Mono cut which wasn’t in the box but I will find a reasonably priced stereo cut one day.

This set show’s Chet was more than capable of living with the very best Jazzmen of the time Chet in New York is as good as Art Pepper Meets the Rhythm Section in my opinion, he never really blazed trails like Miles and Coltrane but when was at his best as an improvisor he was the best.

2 Likes