What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Cheers, I’ll check it out.

Thank You, based on your recommendation it arrived today!

6 Likes

After the disappointment of the UMe Can’t Buy A Thrill, here we have an absolute corker from the Blue Note Classic Vinyl Series; Andrew Hill - Point Of Departure. One of the truly great Blue Notes here sounding very fresh and alive. Beautifully cut by Kevin Gray and a flawless pressing from Optimal.

8 Likes

Tone poet superb recording. :ok_hand:t2:

5 Likes

Relaxin’ With The Miles Davis Quintet - A reissue from an unknown record company (at least to me), it’s cheap but not bad.
The music is wonderful, of course!

6 Likes

The Yussef Dayes Experience - Live at Joshua Tree, Brownswood Recordings (2022)

Expensive for a single sided 5 track EP but it’s an exceptional recording featuring

Rocco Palladino ~ Bass
Malik Venna ~ Saxophone
Elijah Fox ~ Keys & Synthesizers
Alexander Bourt ~ Percussion

Amancio D’Silva - Integration, Pheon Recordings (Lansdowne Series) (2017)

Excellent reissue of this 1969 Denis Preston Lansdowne Recording featuring the elite of 60’s & 70’s British Jazz.

• Bass – Dave Green
  • Drums – Trevor Tomkins
  • Guitar – Amancio D’Silva
  • Saxophone – Don Rendell
  • Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Ian Carr

Recorded the year I was born and criminally forgotten but to a few enthusiasts. Copies of the original have sold for just under £2,000 so this beautifully done reissue is a must.

2 Likes

Mansur Brown - NAQI Mixtape VOL1&2, Amai Records (2022)

Third Long Player from Mansur Brown the prodigious young Jazz guitarist from London. Again he fuses genres to create another first rate recording well recorded, mastered and pressed.

Anouar Brahem - Barzakh, ECM (2017)

2017 reissue of Anouar’s first ECM solo release dead quiet and as flat as pancake A1.

1 Like

At the risk of lowering the tone, I’m unconfident with posting my “last vinyl” purchase in amongst all of the above esoterica, however, it was Polo and Pan’s Caravelle (deluxe edition, no less). Depending on your taste, there are some great tracks to be enjoyed.

G.

1 Like

Can’t seem to find a “tumbleweed” emoji …

3 Likes

RW - Swing when you’re winning 2013 issue
Absolutely surprised, very good SQ and a wonderful pressing, no issues, dead flat
Ordered it last week for 16 EUR at amazon, what a bargain, just love these old Swing classics, far better than i.e. my NancyLee copy for 50 EUR, that I had to send back…

5 Likes

I used to quite like RW post Take That, sadly thats no longer the case given current affairs
:-1:

1 Like

Over £23 from Amazon uk. Brexit working well…

‘troll

Eva Cassidy - Live at Blues Alley
25th Anniversary Edition

10 Likes

Per chance, have you compared to the Nightbird vinyl issuances as, AFAIK, these are one and the same(?).

Bill Evans - Inner Spirit - The 1979 Concert At The Teatro General San Martín, Buenos Aires.

Not easy to find in Italy!

9 Likes