What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I think Project suggest 2 rotations in each direction, but it takes what it takes.
I also give the brush a wipe between rotations with some plain kitchen paper. Removes surplus fluid from the brush and keeps it clean

1 Like

DOL repress of this 1959 Nina album. Its early in her career, she’s young and her voice sounds great. My personal fave is the final track “Solitaire”. Essential listening. Also worth checking is her album “Little Girl Blue” released the same year - repressed later as “My Baby Just Cares For Me”

6 Likes

Update!

After a phone call conversation with Amazon customer services; there is a policy need to send the wrong item back for either a refund of replacement. Their policy procedure dictates i can’t buy it and also have the correct item sent on… so i have to send the Green Is Beautiful back and then order it and wait for it to arrive.
If i keep it and do nothing it will cost the higher price of the San Francisco i have paid for, and which has since gone up in price so will have to pay more for it if i want to reorder in hope of receiving the correct item… :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Have decided to play by their rules; the ‘replacement’ or correct item should be delivered here tomorrow. I will be standing by the RCM in anticipation :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Seems a bit silly to me, but then you wouldn’t want Jeff to miss out on a couple of quid, would you!

1 Like

I think that comes in the category of gigs I would have liked to have seen

Hoping you are well?

Best wishes

Ian

Realised I would like some carols on vinyl , this ticked the boxes .

1 Like

Jeff who?

It would cost me exactly £5 more to hang on to the Green is Beautiful album (that was incorrectly sent) and simply re-ordered another San Francisco.

I hope today’s delivery is the correct album! :grinning:

2 Likes

And if you send Grant Green back after perhaps enjoying a snippet you might get a bent one in reordering.
If the grant Green was mint and flat I wouldn’t mind being out a fiver for the agro. :thinking:

1 Like

A couple of years ago i purchased a bundle of these Blue Note reissues, and most of them were indeed warpy enough to return. It may have been a bad batch but i went for refund and stopped buying them, too much faff to keep getting disappointed and having to return…

However the dearer Tone Poet versions are okay, all of those i’ve ordered are fine :+1:

2 Likes

I agree entirely Tone Poets here have been great only had one outwith the accepted parameters.
The BN 75 series were abysmal.
That Grant Green is super. :wink: :+1:t2:

1 Like

Mr Bezos - the owner of Amazon and IIRC the wealthiest man on the planet. He wouldn’t want to be £5 out of pocket.

2 Likes

Well, he sure is now :grin:

<>

The correct album has arrived, and i’ve cleaned it already.
It looks very nice, perfectly flat, and presented within a poly-paper sleeve :+1:
Will give it a spin later…

8 Likes

8 Likes

12 Likes

144273104_max

Have the first two on MoFi 2 x 45rpm so thought I’d add this one. Cleaned ready for a listen this evening.

20 Likes

Bobby Hutcherson - San Francisco

7 Likes

Ian, I can’t work out to which post you’re responding. If it’s a concert that I say that I have attended, then I’d be fairly sure that I did, as I’m quite fussy about those which I choose to go to. If it was Carlos Kleiber (once) or Jeff Buckley (six times), then it was special!

Still stuck fast, but some reason for hope of escape soon. I had a few hours out of the asylum this afternoon with friends, and managed to walk through my own front door for the first time in over a year (for a fleeting visit). Also opened and inspected lovely new copies of LPs of ‘Disraeli Gears’ and ‘Wheels Of Fire’, which a very kind neighbour had taken in from Amazon for me.

Thanks, as ever, for your kind concern. I come across more kindness on this site than most other places in the real or virtual world!

7 Likes

Blue Mitchell and Band “Bring It Home to Me”
on Blue Note Tone Poet - the pressing is outstanding as is the SQ , quite extraordinary

Monty Alexander Trio Live - haven’t given it a spin as yet - hopefully good

3 Likes

It was the Arthur Lee concert.

It sounds as if things are improving.

Best wishes

Ian

My Dad had the original LP and that was very good, I have it on CD which sounds great - hopefully this edition will maintain the high quality for you.