What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Thanks GeoffC

I have the CD on order so hopefully arrives in next couple of weeks

Will open and play the vinyl today

First heard it on mates streaming gear , pretty good

Cheers
Bevo

1 Like

Looking to buy one of these, but I wonder if anybody can recommend one of the ‘blue’ or ‘marbled red’ pressings?

1 Like

I have a Speakers Corner pressing, very good SQ and performance. If you like it you may also like the recent compilation The Montreaux Years, its also very good I’ve been enjoying it on stream not bought the vinyl yet.

1 Like

Melvin Rhyne - Boss Organ (Elemental/Criss Cross 2LP)

Came accross this recently browsing through Qobuz and been enjoying it, so pleased to find this “first time on vinyl” issue from Elemental records. Nicely pressed, Gatefold, poly lined sleeves, good job

Organist Melvin Rhyne played in the groups of Jazz guitarist Wes Montgomery including his album Boss Guitar, Boss Organ is a tongue in cheek nod to Wes. Also features a young Joshua Redman.
Recorded in 1993 and previously CD only on the Criss Cross label.

:heart:

1 Like

Thanks yes I also saw Compilation one on vinyl in the record store- I think I’ll go and purchase that also

Cheers

Bevan

A good thing is it doesnt duplicate the performances. The Montreaux Years set comes from a later period. I havent yet bought the vinyl as I noted the playing time on one or two of the sides seemed a bit long, SQ can sometimes be compromised when playing times much longer than about 20mins are compressed onto a side of vinyl. Be interested though how you find it if you do buy it.
Oh, I forgot to ask which re issue of Live! You have there?
Cheers

MPS Label - pressed in Germany

Sounds pretty good , says remastered from the original tapes but who knows :grinning:

Very happy to have in my collection

1 Like

From the original label, bodes well
:+1:

And it wasn’t over the top price wise as lots are these days in Australia , probably globally also

1 Like

Look what just arrived from Diverse! My fave Duke album on an AP all-analogue pressing!

19 Likes

Good album, I think mine is a Speakers Corner
:+1:

On Radio Paradise Mellow Mix the other day I listened to White Bird, and made me want to find the album. When I discovered that it is out of print, my desire naturally increased. I found this vinyl reissue from 1972 Made in Holland on Discogs (the original is from 1969). Disc and cover are perfect, now I’m descending into the Californian psychedelic rock of the 60s…

7 Likes

I have blue and sounds excellent!

1 Like

Picked up a mint copy of this classic triple album for a very good price. Discogs can be great at times.

4 Likes

Unplayed mint condition.

12 Likes

I have the black and it sounds superb.

1 Like

Arrived today, cleaned but not listened to yet.

5 Likes

Just found the Montreal Years on vinyl in the HMV sale for a bargain price. Looking forward to hearing it.

They also had Tony Allen’s Secret Agent heavily reduced in the sale. Not one I’ve heard but I’m sure it will be good.

1 Like

Elles Springs - Reveal

Elles Springs is a Dutch singer-songwriter who has been playing and performing in the Netherlands for over 15 years. Her songs are pure and heart-warming Country with a little twist of Rock.

Elles’s first album, REVEAL, which was introduced on CD was subsequently taken by Vertere Records in 2017 to be issued on vinyl.

Engineered by George Konings
Special Analogue Tape Transfer, 1⁄2 Speed Mastering & Cutting by Miles Showell
Pressed at Optimal Media on 180g Clear Vinyl
A Vertere Records Release ©

1 Like

A classic now: Jazz at the Pawnshop.
Double vinyl Gatefold issue.

9 Likes