What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Btw @CliveB not sure if you stream. If you do and you like the Jazz/Reggae fusion similar to the Nod To Bob track check this out.
Recorded at Tokyo’s Blue Note Club in 2011

Its also downloadable here (different image but its the same album)

2 Likes

New Order, The Perfect Kiss 12" single on crystal clear vinyl and with a special silvered sleeve:

8 Likes

New Order, Sub-Culture, 2023 master and new sleeve:

7 Likes

New Order, Shellshock 12", 2023 master/version:

8 Likes

Analogue Productions 45rpm vinyl… :notes: :sunglasses:

21 Likes

The Oscar Peterson Trio - Night Train. This is the recent Acoustic Sounds reissue.

18 Likes

Have you played it yet Neil?

The latest Acoustic Sounds reissue just arrived today - Night Train by The Oscar Peterson Trio. I’d been looking forward to this and haven’t been disappointed; typically excellent job from Ryan K Smith and AS, and the gorgeous tip on gatefold sleeve is wonderful. Never a sonic spectacular, but still sounding lovely here all the same. Many years ago this was my introduction to Jazz, and it’s still a great place to start as well as to revisit. Highly recommended, even if you’re not sure you like or even “get” Jazz…

21 Likes

Yes, Bob and I enjoyed it very much. I had heard it before as my dad had a copy of it. This reissue certainly sounds better than my dad’s old copy. I concur with everything Richard Dane says above. Unlike yourself and many others on the forum, I’m not a big jazz fan, although I’m gently exploring some jazz music. I find this album quite accessible and, as Richard says, it’s a good introduction to jazz.

3 Likes

I’ve been working away this week, home tomorrow, hope my copy is waiting for me.

Latest from Julian Lage and Bill Frisell - both on Blue Note

2 Likes

Drowning my sorrows after Arsenal’s loss with a few G&T’s and this excellent reissue.

Here are some more pictures of the cover.

14 Likes

From today’s visit to a local record shop.

14 Likes

Should have bought this sooner as price has crept up since release.

8 Likes

Roger, how have you found this to listen too? It’s one of my favourite ‘works’ - I wanted to find out how the vinyl version is.

Finally got a Slivertone copy of ‘The Healer’ in immaculate condition.
Just got home from an overnight in Wembley (see the Concert/Gig thread) and it was waiting for me.
Needless to say, it’s on now…:blush:

14 Likes

Found a few things at the record exchange nearby today. I was very happy about the Steely Dan (new) for 25€

7 Likes

How does it compare to the Craft?

Sade - Promise; one of my favourites! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

2 Likes

Only listened to it once and not on the same system, but first impressions are that it is a more enjoyable listen.
I’ll try and do an A/B comparison sometime during the week :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes