What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Mercury Rev, Bobbie Gentry’s The Delta Sweete Revisited - arrived just now from the Bella Union Store. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

The Return of Durutti Column, 2018 edition sandpaper sleeve + clear 7"

Regards
Roberto

1 Like

Great art work.

Tommy Emmanuel, Accomplice One. Fabulous Musicianship and exemplary sound. Very nice!

1 Like

I visited Fopp Covent Garden today and came away with these two

SS500

SS500

6 Likes

From Discogs. Original U.K. release. Some slightly irritating scratches early on in the title track (track 1), presumably from clumsy cueing, but the rest is pretty pristine and wow, what a difference it makes to have the old 70’s vinyl vs my later reissue. Vivid, colourful, airy, atmospheric and very moving. £25 very well spent.

6 Likes

Viva Discogs!

Captain Fantastic was one of the first vinyl albums I ever bought and I still have my original copy. I think this and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road are his two best albums and both have good sound quality. I think Gus Dudgeon did a great job as producer on these albums.

1 Like

You’re right about Gus Dudgeon Neil. I also picked up a copy of Blue Moves from Discogs, the scratches are irksome, but a mere trifle set against hearing this great music properly. Still seeking a good original copy of Yellow Brick Road…

2 Likes

Blue Moves is a good album too, Kevin. I have this on original vinyl. Hopefully, you can pick up a good copy of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I also think Rock of The Westies is an underrated album. After Elton’s 70s heyday, I felt his subsequent albums left something to be desired and eventually I stopped buying his work, although now and then on some songs he showed signs of the old magic. I don’t think he is treated as seriously as some of his contemporaries, but that might have something to do with some of his antics and crazy costumes, which perhaps detracted from the music.

1 Like

On ‘gold’ vinyl but it looks more like a yucky pale brown, kind of Caramac bar colour if anybody remembers them

2 Likes

sometimes the word Album does not seem to do justice to the work on the album, very nice gift from my wife MoFO Carol King Tapestry - don’t really need to say any one than that really, apart from the recording on MoFI is pretty stagering

8 Likes

His best album IMO

AC_US436_QL65

7 Likes

Pilot on Mars, their second album: “Eternal Face”.

MArco :tophat:

My original copy has seen better days.

9 Likes

10 Likes

First purchases off Discogs. Fingers crossed.

6 Likes

Michelle Schocked is from Arkansas and used to play at the now-defunct Afterthought just down the street.

finger crossed? you have bought mint or near mint condition of the medias ?