What will music sound like in 50 years time?

I’m also looking forward to what’s coming up next. I’m sure that a new star will be born from the ashes. Warm wishes to you.

With regards to jazz it is interesting to learn from @TheKevster (@GeoffC also appears to be knowledgeable) that the many permutations were already explored and the trend now appears to be refined upon what has already come to pass.

1 Like

It will be just noises (by today’s norm).

@anon23112058 There are many forumites who have a much wider knowledge of jazz (and other music) than I do, but thank you for the recognition even if it is somewhat misplaced.

1 Like

Acoustic music might sound quite different. The raw materials to make acoustic instruments are becoming more scarce.

It’s likely that, by then, treasured timbers such as cedar, spruce, mahogany, ebony, rosewood to name a few will be vastly more expensive and difficult to obtain than they already are. These trees take hundreds of years to mature so won’t be replenished any time soon.

1 Like

Talented people will hopefully win over computers and AI.

New materials will make perfect instruments affordable to all.

People will confuse Mozart and Prince, when played by a street band at the space station.

The drum will continue to be the most important instrument.

Music will sound exactly like today, exactly like 10 000 years ago: The difference between humankind and the rest of the world.

I will probably not be around to write silly things.

1 Like

Classical music has been around a long time. I am sure it will continue to do so.

And the Best Jokes thread will be largely unchanged…

1 Like

Yes, unlike much ‘pop’ music, classical stands the test of time. Of course, there may have been a lot of popular trash written in Bach’s or Beethoven’s or Bruch’s times, that was forgotten within a few years, with only the better music living on to become “classical“ maybe about a century ago.

Or maybe Beethoven was just the Justin Bieber of his time and you should look behind him to find the really interesting music.

I recently found Ruth Caldwell and despite being married to folk singer Pete Seeger she did her own kind of modern neo-classical music and I find some of it absolutely fascinating.

Its like listening to the Slovenian philosopher Slavoj Zizek analyzing Hitchcocks Vertigo and discover how much more there is to experience in a movie you think you know so well …

Of course there will be interesting music made - the question ir more like will it be recorded and distributed.

They’ll still be talking about when the new 272 is coming out…

1 Like

That’s coming out on the 21st :shushing_face:

1 Like

Well, Keith will still be alive I reckon.

G

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.