What would you like to do after the nCorona is over?

Muted the main thread as there’s only so much one can digest when having to work with the issues every day and interesting as it is it’s also hugely anxiety inducing for many.

I don’t see this as being over for at least 18 months but the extent of money being saved by working from home means that I will be in the market for an Innuos Zenith (possibly Mk 4 by then) and an NDX2.

In part any detail depends on how long it is until over, and at what point it can be counted as over - so I don’t see it being a distinct point in time.

Absolutely definitely no.1: give a big hug to everyone I’ve had to refrain from hugging due to Cv.

Revel in being alive (hopefully not having lost loved ones along the way).

Go and visit loved ones not seen for a while.

Have the holidays I will have lost, though then squashed into less time, with a limited time window before retirement and end of earning.

Try and make sure my workplace is back on an even keel, with processes in place to recruit my successor.

3 Likes

Watch them, or do them?

Well having made it 4 years now as a survivor, I’m just happy being here in the here and now. I do have several books to catch up on, a bunch of steaming shows to watch, and I just added a HCDR and a new power cord. I’ve been on a Dido kick and have a bunch of CD’s to listen to. I’ve actually got a lot to do!

That sounds exciting :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

Damn spellcheck

My sentiments entirely

My overarching hope is we all survive

Hmmm in all seriousness, I’ll be grateful if this ends with me still in a job the way it’s going. So I hope when this ends, the first thing I can do is log into my work VPN like I do now.

If we’re asking about optimistic fantasy, maybe take my eldest child to the UK to meet her grandmother.

2 Likes

Well past the participation phase of this particular virus. Pure vicarious pleasure.

Go back into retirement. I was enjoying it.

Bruce

3 Likes

Ah, you’ve heeded the call up. Good for you and do stay safe. Let’s hope it’s not for long.

Wish you well… :+1:

Some paperwork first to get me re registered. I have very elderly parents but cannot do much for them as a long way away. I was also training for another role but that has been suspended.

I’ve said I will only do it if I get another party when I leave again. :grin:

5 Likes

Yes, the priorities are important!

1 Like

Probably be tested whether I had it or not.

Looked up the meaning of the word facetitious.

Maybe it doesn’t apply.

Yes. Sorry.
Only here in Blighty at the moment being actually tested is in an abysmal state.
Some doctors now saying that to be cautious assume any illness to be the big CV.
Not being flippant but generously concerned.

1 Like

Maybe you might want to invent a new dish…in honor of your friends and loved ones ?? :grinning:

I guess I’m like the rest of us, I’d just like everything to go back to the way it was. No fear of travel or hugging someone dear to you. No fear of stopping to talk to strangers, having a beer with friends. No stupid people panicking and stripping the shelves clean. Watching sport with a crowd and not living in fear for you and your family.

Take care all, I hope that we just get through this and then see if any will ever be the same.

4 Likes

It’s very kind of you, but we won’t need tourist economy help in the future, we needed support from the surrounding countries at the beginning, when we were, as usual and as with the immigrants, abandoned to ourself by most of the surrounding countries. You basically plan to come and enjoy Italy as soon as it is – with enormous fatigue, discipline and self-sacrifice – a safe place again. Nothing personal, but I hope, instead, that as soon as Italy is a safe place again we’ll close frontiers to all foreigners for at least one month, to avoid being gifted with your infection.

@Nigel: Having England and Germany adopted the strategy to wait and let the oldest part of the population – the feeblest, those who cost pensions to the state and produce nothing more in economical terms – die [read the famous statement by Boris Johnson], and get rid in a single stroke of the most ‘useless’ part of the locals, I wish you simply to live, but take note of your Noble and Resonant words.

We, as a people, have never closed our frontiers to no-one, have helped everyone and anyone who was in need. Not exactly the same can be said about when we needed support. Good for you if in the future there still will be enough Italy for you to come, eat well and take pics.

M.

2 Likes