What's happened to my thread?

Some members raised concerns so I’ve quarantined the thread until I have some time to look through it. Sorry about that, but it’s how things work here, but I know you don’t me to explain that as I’m sure you already know.

Personally I think Naim are very fair and tolerant here. But at the end of the day they’re a commercial enterprise and everyone has their limits and I get why the plug may have been pulled in this instance.

That said it was a thread I enjoyed reading and I hope Dunc continues to post here.

4 Likes

The thread has only been quarantined. It’s policy where a member flags something up as needing review for whatever reason.

1 Like

I did say a few days ago, me staying here and posting up my findings will only be seen as naim bashing by some.
As i said at the time, i have no wish in doing that as naim has given me great service over almost 30 years.
I have tried different things over the last few years, and found things that i like, i have been asked to report these things, and i have done to my best ability, trying not to over stretch things or spread bull s-it. Obviously some won’t like it, and that was my reason for saying, i might as well just go.

I certainly dont want to come on to this forum, get hassle and cause problems, as what’s the point in doing that.
I would like to still be part of this, probably not post as much going forward, as i do like it on here and hope to be still made welcome.
Anyway cheers all, dunc

9 Likes

I almost posted on that thread. I found your posts interesting and fair, or were clear where it was your opinion. I’m far from an expert, but didn’t see anything controversial in what you wrote. Anyway, I’d appreciate your continued perspective and benefit of your Naim expertise. For whatever it’s worth, I hope you stick around. Not least for your, IMO, relentless search for the best setup :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It had become a bit of a bun fight, but I’d be quite surprised if Richard had too much to prune but there were a few posts possibly playing the man and not the ball (and I might be guilty here too but there’s only so much of the “one true way” brigade I can take).

I do feel if people stopped stating opinions as facts a lot of the agro would disappear.

.sjb

10 Likes

When I’ve researched old threads for information I’ve always found your contributions really useful. You have been through a few Naim iterations and have a lot of good information to share.

5 Likes

I literally could not agree more.

Mark

4 Likes

I found that thread among the most interesting existing in this forum, along with the New Classic range and some music threads. I hope it will come back. Systems pics too.
A lot of other threads are just going in circles and circles , always the same questions, same responses , on and on.

7 Likes

I pretty much stopped reading naim upgrade threads for that same reason, but there is so much more on this forum, lots of informative threads and opinions by knowledgeable and experienced people, quite enlightening.

2 Likes

When @Dunc was first posting after changing to DCS Vivaldi etc., some of the opinions were a bit solid, but I’ve found lately that his posts are mainly informational and would be belpful for people looking for an upgrade or possibly a change. But as @Sloop_John_B said, posters should play the ball, not the man.

1 Like

Or person.

1 Like

Hi @Dunc

Or am I missing something in all this Dunc?
I enjoy your contributions.
Some contributers on the Forum can have strong opinions, I just take them all with a pinch of salt and don’t let it get under my skin.
It is all a first world issue. At least I can just turn the tap on and get clean water.

2 Likes

Dunc can help us with that as well but I believe he’s more in heating systems.

Many fellows who are online a bit direct are in real live most amiable individuals.

1 Like

As mentioned to @Dunc yesterday, I always enjoy reading his personal opinions on his search for Audio Nirvana and I would miss him/them if he left the forum.

I also have my own experience and knowledge which I’ve gained over the years and so I’m able to view any “Personal Opinions” objectively.

One thing I’ve learned in HiFi - Audio is that everyone is different, if we weren’t different then everyone would have the same system and the use same speakers.

This cancellation of things pertaining to Vivaldi is difficult to appreciate for any reason.

The thread has been reinstated after some ad hominem posts were deleted.

.sjb

1 Like

Richard explained what was happening here What's happened to my thread? - #12 by Richard.Dane and as sjb has pointed out, the thread is back, so no need to worry.

1 Like

Gloria!

We all foreseasoned it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.